Set the order TB pulls in e-mail?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
sludge7071-g

Set the order TB pulls in e-mail?

Post by sludge7071-g »

I'm using the latest, TB 60.6.1

I have 8 e-mails in TB, but only really use 1 or 2 of them.

Can you set the order it pulls in your e-mail?

It seems like it puts my #1 and #2 last. If those were done first, then I could get things done faster.
tanstaafl

Re: Set the order TB pulls in e-mail?

Post by tanstaafl »

"Can you set the order it pulls in your e-mail?"

Not that I'm aware of. However, I am confused. If you have a POP account and already downloaded the 8 messages there is no pulling, they're already on your hard disk. If you use a IMAP account its a moot point since it will only fetch the message when you open the message. Open the messages in whatever order you want. Or copy/move them to the "Local Folders" account (its stores messages on the hard disk) if you have network performance problems.

Is the delay in opening certain messages due to them having very large attachments? Normally the the "MIME Parts On Demand" preferences avoid fetching any attachments unless they're explicitly opened if the total message size is over 30KB.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Entire_messag ... AP_message
sludge7071-g

Re: Set the order TB pulls in e-mail?

Post by sludge7071-g »

. . . If you use a IMAP account its a moot point since it will only fetch the message when you open the message.

I use IMAP . . . Here's more what I'm talking about:

When I click to "Get All New Messages" . . .

I'm looking for a way to set the order in which it does that . . . Why?

I use the "Unified View" . . . with 8 e-mails, I find myself sitting there, while it pulls in the other 7 e-mails first.

Or, when I have Sent an e-mail, and want to go take a look at what I sent (this is in the Unified View) . . . I have to sit there, and wait for it to Refresh the "Sent" folder . . .

If I could set the order that it access the accounts / Refreshes them, that would be good.

I'm just seeing an efficiency improvement here - it seems like there should be a way to do this.