Keeping messages placed in a local folder in threads -- IMAP

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
herrma29

Keeping messages placed in a local folder in threads -- IMAP

Post by herrma29 »

In an effort to minimize files stored on my server, I have been moving messages from my server to a local folder. Doing so, however, has resulted in those messages being removed from threaded conversations.

For instance, I moved old sent messages from my server to a 'sent (archived)' folder on my computer. When I look at the threads those messages were a part of, all I see are the messages from the other party.

Is it possible to re-incorporate these messages into a thread, without having to place them back on the server?

Thanks,
Chris
tanstaafl

Re: Keeping messages placed in a local folder in threads --

Post by tanstaafl »

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Stop_threading_by_subject

I've moved a chunk of a thread in the past to another account and it recognized those messages were in a thread because there was still a unbroken parent child relationship among the messages (based on References: headers). If I did something like move the first, third and fifth message in a thread it might not recognize they were in the same thread because the third message just says its a child of the second message (which would be missing) and the fifth message just says its a child of the fourth message (which would be missing). They don't say they are in a thread started by the first message, and its immediate parent is ....