CSS To Adjust TB Write Message Window

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
JYLD

CSS To Adjust TB Write Message Window

Post by JYLD »

Does anyone know the CSS to adjust background and text colors for these attributes of the TB Write Message Window?

1. The CSS to make adjustments to the header area of the Write Message Window. I don't know how to properly reference items in the Write Message Window. For example I want to change the background color of the header area (the light blue area in the pic below). I know how to use the background-color commands, etc. but don't know how to addresss these commands to the Write Message Window items.

2. Similar question for how to address the menubar area in the Write Message Window so I could change the text color and also delete the text-shadow. See top menubar in pic below.

3. Finally same question for the the toolbar or toolbox (i.e. the row of buttons in the pic below) in the Write Message Window.

I need to know what these areas in the Write Message Window are called/named in CSS.

Thanks!!!

DanRaisch

Re: CSS To Adjust TB Write Message Window

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Thunderbird Support.
JYLD

Post by JYLD »

I was able to root around on my own and dig up enough info to put a solution together myself.

This is what my Write Message Window looks like now:

This is the code to do that:

Code: Select all

#compose-toolbox {
    text-shadow: none !important;    
    color: black !important;
    background: rgba(0,152,252,.5)
                  linear-gradient(rgba(170,232,252,.8), rgba(47,141,235,.6) 49%,
                                                      rgba(32,133,234,.6) 51%, rgba(20,114,208,.3)) !important;

}

#compose-toolbox toolbarbutton {
    text-shadow: none !important;    
    color: black !important;
}
I'll probably tweak the coloring and gradient a bit as I have more time.
JYLD

Post by JYLD »

After tweaking the colors and gradient a bit. This is final version: