only displaying 1 week of messages

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
megarad103

only displaying 1 week of messages

Post by megarad103 »

I tried everything I could find on this subject in Support. I have installed TB at home and work for the same account. At home I see all my emails from the beginning several months ago. At work the inbox only displays emails up to 1 week old. I can't find them or get them to display. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but it still comes up the same. They are set up as IMAP.
Thanks
DanRaisch

Re: only displaying 1 week of messages

Post by DanRaisch »

Have you confirmed that under View->Folders you don't have "Recent" selected?
megarad103

Post by megarad103 »

No longer at work now but I'm pretty sure it was View all - I will confirm on Monday - thanks.
megarad103

Post by megarad103 »

I just tried changing my home TB to View>Recent and it still shows all emails - not the same effect I am seeing at work.
megarad103

Post by megarad103 »

Upon further searching, I see that my home TB is actually set to a POP account. and It had a box checked to remove emails from server after 14 days. So that explains it I guess. Is there a way to restore the emails on the server? Should I change the POP to IMAP?
Thanks!
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Is there a way to restore the emails on the server?
You can ask your email provider if they can restore your account from a backup (of the server).
Also, if you have not been compacting the message folders in Thunderbird you could try the steps in this article -- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Undelete_a_message
Should I change the POP to IMAP?
That would be up to you as we don't know how you usually use your email. It could be as simple as unchecking the box "For at most NN days" or increasing that numeric value to something that would work for you...30 days for instance.
Alternatively, see this article -- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Convert_a_POP ... AP_account