Strange Email Server and Password Messages

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
rabbit

Strange Email Server and Password Messages

Post by rabbit »

First, I frequently see the message: Server mail.twc.comhas disconnected. The server may have gone down or there may be a network problem. I can find no information by searching online or here that tells my why I'm getting the message, what, if any, problem it reports and how to fix it. Please advise.

Second, I frequently see messages asking for the password on various email accounts as follows: Login it server mail.twc.com with username xxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.com failed.there are Retry/Enter_New_Password/Cancel hot buttons
Even if I choose to cancel, I still can receive and send email. I've contacted TWC/Spectrum support and they tell me that my account settings are correct. I use IMAP, SSL/TSL for Connection Security, and "Normal Password" for the Authentication Method. The link between me and their server is not encrypted. I have searched without finding an explanation for the messages, what problem they report, nor how to fix the problem(s). Please Advise.
Daifne

Re: Strange Email Server and Password Messages

Post by Daifne »

Moving to Thunderbird Support
tanstaafl

Re: Strange Email Server and Password Messages

Post by tanstaafl »

Sounds like problems with the server, maybe due to it being overloaded. If so, there is probably nothing you can do in Thunderbird about it.

I suggest you add either a gmail or outlook.com IMAP account and see if they have the same problem. I'm not suggesting you switch to them, just you use them for troubleshooting whether you have a account specific problem. Note that both support configuring them to automatically fetch mail from a POP server and merge it into the webmail inbox (same inbox as the IMAP account), so you can test using the same new mail with TWC and another account.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Using_Gmail_w ... illa_Suite