MozillaZine

Emails disappear from folders

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
ekaim

Post Posted September 2nd, 2019, 1:05 pm

For some time, I've found that some of my folders are missing some or all emails that had been there previously. I thought I had posted about this problem years ago, but can't find it in "View your posts." Now this remains a problem, and seems to be happening more frequently -- to old as well as relatively new folders. Any suggestions will be most appreciated.

I'm now using v60.8.0 (which appears as the "current version") in Win 7.

DanRaisch

Post Posted September 2nd, 2019, 3:00 pm

How is the account set up in Thunderbird, as POP or IMAP? Find out using menu path Tools->Account Settings->Server Settings->Server Type at the top right of the dialogue.

ekaim

Post Posted September 2nd, 2019, 3:33 pm

In my version, Server Settings appears under Options rather than Tools. Anyway, it's IMAP.

DanRaisch

Post Posted September 3rd, 2019, 4:16 am

Right click on the name of the folder from which the messages have disappeared and select "Properties" from the context menu. Then click on the "Repair Folder" button.

ekaim

Post Posted September 5th, 2019, 10:15 am

Dan, Thanks very much for your suggestion. For all the many years I've used TB, I never knew of that Properties view of each folder. I'm just now testing whether suspicious folders can be repaired; will let you know.

I think I also have a separate issue with TB, which I'll soon send in another post, since it may be of interest and use to other users.

Return to Thunderbird Support