AutoCorrect suddenly causing Tb to Crash

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Energise

AutoCorrect suddenly causing Tb to Crash

Post by Energise »

Windows 10 v1903
Thunderbird 60.9.0
Recently added mmsAutoCorrect - almost a week ago (Post here - http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3054951)

This evening, reason unknown, every time I click on Write, Reply, Reply All or Forward, Thunderbird crashes. I've restarted with AddOns disabled (Help > Restart with Addons Disabled) and it seems to work fine.

I re-started again, with Addons 'enabled' and still crashed. So, I restarted yet again, disabled AutoCorrect, restarted and Tb seems to work OK again.

In case of relevance, other Addons are Compact Header, Quicktext and ReminderFox. I've tried disabling all but AutoCorrect but Tb still crashes so I've concluded the problem is with AutoCorrect.

Would the 'experts' with AutoCorrect mind helping me to discover and, hopefully, recify the problem, please?
@morat in particular ... ;)

Many thanks. Any help is verymuch appreciated
DanRaisch

Re: AutoCorrect suddenly causing Tb to Crash

Post by DanRaisch »

Have you tried restarting Thunderbird with all extensions EXCEPT mmsAutoCorrect disabled?
morat

Post by morat »

Sorry, I'm using Thunderbird 68 now and the hacked extension doesn't work in Thunderbird 68.

It's hard to figure out a crash type bug if you don't use a broken extension for an extended period.
Energise

Post by Energise »

Hi guys

I was disabling and enabling the Addons, including various combinations, so much that I can't remember what I tried, to be honest. I also restarted and rebooted my PC several times when disabling/enabling Addons.

However, I've just tried without any Addons, with AC and with AC and each other Addon separately and in every combination I could come up with and, this afternoon, I can't replicate the problem at all so I think I'll just have to keep using all the Addons, including AutoCorrect, and see if it happens again.

Perhaps this was just a 'random' issue. Let's hope so. I'll post back if it happens again, of course.

As always, I very much appreciate your help and support :)