How to block a user's email address?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
bravodenisu

How to block a user's email address?

Post by bravodenisu »

Hello and respect!

I ask the members of this nice forum to help me!
I opened an email account and only me, I know the right one (main password). I am in charge of that email account.
Last year, I asked you how our Hunters who have cameras mounted in the forest can use it and they all send pictures via this email of mine.
They just want to send pictures via my email so I can view their pictures and they can also get them on their emails.
These are hunting cameras that go over the phone SIM card where this (joint) email should be put first
because it is through my email that pictures are sent to their private emails. I hope you understand me...

My email is: smtpcamserver@gmail.com and I have my password where I can enter my account, I can delete, I can change etc ...

Then I asked Google to give me some code where more people (our hunters) can use my email (but it can't modify or delete anything from it).
This is this code: rpufzxemojozyoyw

I'm very happy because it works beautifully, me and my hunters are pleased. Their cameras work beautifully!
Please do not block or delete this account because we are all happy for the conservation of forests and animals ...

This is how their cameras look and their hunting camera settings:
https://i.postimg.cc/tJPGttmV/Screenshot-4.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/RFGVKs5s/CAM-HC-300m.jpg

Their hunting pictures can be seen by me and them. This has been working very well for a year now.
--------------------------
The problem is that our hunters gave other hunters this email with our shared code, and now some other hunters put their email in their cameras.
I do not want to receive pictures from other hunters other than ours.
I can see all their emails from where the images to my account from "SENT"

https://i.postimg.cc/HnFxPRjB/Screenshot-2.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/43WTxQLv/Screenshot-1.jpg

My main question is: How can I block some email addresses so I can no longer use my email?
I mark with "JUNK" but you do not block them still and they can also send their pictures from the forest every day via my email.
https://i.postimg.cc/R0vzBHpc/Screenshot-3.jpg

There must be a way that I can block those emails that are not ours and I don't want them to use my account?
We are very happy to use this email ... but just that there is some solution
that I can block some of his emails from getting pictures that are not from our hunters? Explain to me exactly what to do!

THANK YOU from the heart and hope you understand my request and help me!
Thanks in advance!
Please Help
LIMPET235

Re: How to block a user's email address?

Post by LIMPET235 »

Moving this to (hopefully the correct forum), Thunderbird Support...
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
bravodenisu

Post by bravodenisu »

I hope so, because I'm using Mozilla Thunderbird and I don't see an option in it that I can block somehow !!! I do not know! That is why I am seeking your help from this good forum ...
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

It is not possible to block email addresses in Thunderbird because Thunderbird must access the server and download at least message header data before it would be able to identify the sender. You can, however, set up message filters to divert messages from specific email sources, moving them to the Junk folder (or other location of your choice). http://kb.mozillazine.org/Filters_%28Thunderbird%29

You could also see if your email provider offers similar filter functionality on the server side so that Thunderbird would never even see the unwanted messages.
bravodenisu

Post by bravodenisu »

Auuu i don't understand everything!
Can I then somehow block myself from Gmail from an option or what to do. I bookmark (emails I no longer need) every day with JUNK ... and get them again without any problems! What other ideas do you have for this to work as before ... just so it can block some emails (so they can no longer use) my email account? Only the ones I don't want! Hope there are solutions!
Thanks a lot!
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

I don't understand your reference to bookmarking if you are using Thunderbird, which doesn't offer that functionality.

Since you refer to a Gmail account, you can go to the Gmail web page and review the incoming messages. They have an option to block addresses as described in this article -- https://money.cnn.com/2015/09/22/techno ... index.html
mgagnonlv

Post by mgagnonlv »

A few somewhat related questions...

You are using Thunderbird (I assume) to access your Gmail account.

1. Is it configured so that you have subscribed to the "All Mail" folder?
Normally, you should subscribe only to Inbox and folders you have created, but not the "All Mail" folder. The All Mail folder contains all the mail you have received and not deleted, whether it has a label on it (i.e. classified in another TB folder), has been declared as spam or even thrown in the Trash... as long as the trash hasn't been emptied. The only messages not present in "All mail" are those you have sent.
In other words, unsubscribe from "All Mail" folders as your mail is already present in other folders that you can see.

2. Another possibility is that you have received multiple copies of a given junk mail. In such cases, what you think is a repeat offender is in reality a different message that you see.
Michel Gagnon
Montréal (Québec, Canada)
bravodenisu

Post by bravodenisu »

I don't think I can block as our colleague (DanRaisch) says because I don't have them in INBOX , but SENT.

And my colleague (mgagnonlv) couldn't understand everything. I get about 1500 pictures every day from all the cameras in the woods set up to send through my account. I delete everything every day after the examination.
All these cameras send through my email account and therefore I can see their pictures. These images appear to me only in SENT. And that's good and that's what we want.
The only thing you would want to block some cameras (from individual mails). That they can no longer (some of them) send pictures via my account! If I could, it would be wonderful! I know which emails I would block, but I don't know how, because they only appear in SENT for me.
if you know and have some explanation (picturesque) that i would know exactly how to do it!

THANK YOU for your intention to help me with this. It would be good if there was at least some solution!
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

I think you can see why you can't "block" those senders because as far as the systems is concerned, they are all "you"!

Why not ask for new code to allow the senders to use that account and only offer it to those you feel you can trust not to pass along that information?
bravodenisu

Post by bravodenisu »

I've asked Google for another code twice already and again this code is used by other hunters from other cities ... and they use my email. I want to block these hunters if they can somehow and if possible !!!
Nowhere do I see such an option! Is it possible to somehow insert their emails into a filter ... and they can no longer (just those emails) send pictures through my account?
If you have any ideas or if you know ... how please help ... because for over a year I have to constantly review photos and delete (foreign photos). :cry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=457dmUt ... e=youtu.be
kerft

Post by kerft »

I advise that you create a new email account and use it instead. Or, attempt to contact gmail about how to revoke permissions / "third party authorization", but they may not be good at responding to free customers. Make sure you don't post the code for the new account anywhere too public.
bravodenisu

Post by bravodenisu »

THANK YOU for helping me! I don't want to create a new account. I would like to use this one.
So there's no option for me to block them? I thought it could be blocked, but it looks like I'm not going to make it.
How do I contact Google? Don't have a single email to ask?
I can also subscribe (if not expensive) not a problem ...
kerft

Post by kerft »

There may be a way to stop people from using the permission granted by the old codes to send emails with your account. I do not know. If there is, I would looking in gmail settings, especially ones about "permissions", or by contacting google / gmail.
I do not know how to contact google, I assume there would be some way, look for a question mark or help button in gmail.
Sorry I mentioned expense and free regarding gmail support, that was misleading, I have no reason to believe they do anything for paying customers either.
If you are able to revoke the permission from the old code, then you can prevent those emails without a new account, but if you do not find the way to do so, the new account is the only way I can think of.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Ultimately, the whole issue is in the hands of your contributors with no real way to control it from the system side. If you can't stop them from giving out the code, a new account will soon succumb to the same problem as they provide the new email address and code to their friends/colleagues once more.
bravodenisu

Post by bravodenisu »

I know!

So I thought there was (some option) where I could block those emails I wanted!
But there seems to be no such service in any email clients. :cry:
That's why I believed that you know it here because you are all professionals, but there is no solution.

Thank you! :wink: