delete master password

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
walkerpbus

delete master password

Post by walkerpbus »

Help; I don't know how to delete the master password & I don't know what the original is & I desire to delete it altogether Deleted Master Password:D But Currently I cannot send emails:(
Win 10 Pro desktop, but now 64-bit latest Windows 10. Usually latest or latest-1 Thunderbird on this machines.
tanstaafl

Re: delete master password

Post by tanstaafl »

See Resetting the master password in http://kb.mozillazine.org/Master_password . A side effect is that it deletes all of the stored passwords.
walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

tanstaafl wrote:See Resetting the master password in http://kb.mozillazine.org/Master_password . A side effect is that it deletes all of the stored passwords.
Thanks sir but I have chucked the master password successfully. & receiving emails I have stored the Imap password OK & it's receiving fine: But I can't seem to setup the Smtp and send?
Win 10 Pro desktop, but now 64-bit latest Windows 10. Usually latest or latest-1 Thunderbird on this machines.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Do you get prompted for the password when sending?

Its not clear what you're implying by "I can't seem to setup the Smtp and send". Deleting the master password shouldn't effect your existing smtp server setup other than removing the stored password. Does the smtp server entry still exist, and does it look okay?
walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

tanstaafl wrote:Do you get prompted for the password when sending?Yes, but so far I cannot send at all. When I open the program I get asked for a password when opening the program Now that's confusing. It's with Google
.I still can't send
Its not clear what you're implying by "I can't seem to setup the Smtp and send". Deleting the master password shouldn't effect your existing smtp server setup other than removing the stored password. Does the smtp server entry still exist, and does it look okay?
This is what I received when sending:"Sending of the message failed.
The message could not be sent because the connection to Outgoing server (SMTP) smtp.gmail.com timed out. Try again"
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Check to see that you have the following settings for the SMTP server:

Server name -- smtp.gmail.com
Port -- 587
User name -- your full Gmail address
Authentication Method -- Normal password
Connection Security -- STARTTLS