MOved to Thailand and cant send emails

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
garfy

MOved to Thailand and cant send emails

Post by garfy »

I moved from Europe to Thailand and I cant send email via thunderbird

I get error for example

An error occured while sending email The mail server sent an icorrect greeting, message rejected because (my thai IP) is blacklisted botnet detection

WHat to do? IN europe everything worked just fine......

I am talking about my own emails, from my websites that I host on shared hosting....
gmails work fine....

Seems like this hotel IP is blacklisted.....is there a solution?
tanstaafl

Re: MOved to Thailand and cant send emails

Post by tanstaafl »

You said "Seems like this hotel IP is blacklisted". However, you also said Gmail works fine, but this problem occurs with "emails, from my websites that I host on shared hosting". That seems to imply that its only your shared hosting's SMTP servers that are black listed when you are making a connection from the hotel. Why would they be effected by your clients IP address? Its normally the SMTP server IP address that is checked by black lists. I suggest you start by identifying exactly what IP address is being black listed and what that IP address is associated with.

One workaround might be to trial a VPN service and see if that workarounds the problem by changing your IP address to that of a data center in Europe. Supposedly PrivateVPN offers a 7 day trial without requiring a credit card.

https://proprivacy.com/vpn-comparison/b ... free-trial
garfy

Post by garfy »

i have express vpn already.....
maybe i will use that....
garfy

Post by garfy »

ok express vpn fixed it, forgot i got one, thank you
BuddhaNature

Post by BuddhaNature »

For anyone else running into this problem that doesn't have, and perhaps can't afford a subscription to, a VPN. You can get a for free basic VPN account from ProtonVPN. The free account uses servers in three countries: Japan, Netherlands and United States. You can choose what country you wish to use at any point in time

I use free ProtonVPN myself occasionally, works fine. Speeds are more than adequate for simple browsing and doing email.