TB 68.2.1 (Mac)

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
FatPanda

TB 68.2.1 (Mac)

Post by FatPanda »

I upgraded to TB 68.2.1 yesterday, and now my Tags no longer show up with any color. The tag name still exists, but there is no color to them anymore. Is this a bug, or do I need to change something to get the color back?
tanstaafl

Re: TB 68.2.1 (Mac)

Post by tanstaafl »

I haven't heard of this before. I have no problem seeing colored tags. I've learned to avoid applying multiple tags to the same message as that can make the color it uses unpredictable.

I found https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=908551 which complains about how some tags colors are not used if they were changed directly by editing prefs.js. That's really old, it might be fixed by now. I didn't spot anything else.

I suggest you try resetting the tag colors in tools -> options -> display tags and see if that has any effect. I'd also try running in safe mode (help -> restart with add-ons disabled), perhaps you're running into a bad side effect of an add-on that doesn't work correctly with the latest version.
FatPanda

Post by FatPanda »

Thank you for your reply. Restarting with add-ons disabled did the trick. I have isolated the problem to the RedminderFox Add on. With that disabled, the colors are back.

BTW I didn't see the tools -> options -> display tags on my TB setup.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Tools -> options -> display should have tabs for formatting, tags and advanced if you are using Windows. However, if you are using OSX Tools -> Options is replaced by Preferences.

I used to use the ReminderFox add-on and prefer it to Lightning. However, it doesn't appear there will ever be a version for Thunderbird 68.* as its a lot of work to rewrite a legacy add-on as a WebExtension, and the Thunderbird developers have made it clear they want to merge Lightning into Thunderbird (no longer just bundle it).

See https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/r ... iFOQbuAwAJ