MozillaZine

TB Stupid 68.2.2 Update - What is This??

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
zlaer
 
Posts: 126
Joined: June 29th, 2018, 11:11 am

Post Posted November 28th, 2019, 3:48 pm

Today I updated to tb 68.2.2 which brought some crazy issues. I have some questions about it...

1) Before I had v60. Why didnt TB update to 68.2.2?

2) On the new update, the UI's font size is too big. Is there a way to reduce it?

3) The dark theme, TT DeepDark is not compatible. Very weird. Are there any dark themes that darken the UI like TT DeepDark did?

4) Domi isn't compatible either. So I cant tweak some elements. Is there an alternative that works?

morat
 
Posts: 3573
Joined: February 3rd, 2009, 6:29 pm

Post Posted November 28th, 2019, 4:16 pm

2)

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Pane_and_menu_fonts
http://kb.mozillazine.org/UserChrome.css

4)

Try using the Browser Toolbox instead of DOM Inspector.

* set devtools.chrome.enabled pref to true
* set devtools.debugger.remote-enabled pref to true
* set devtools.debugger.prompt-connection pref to false
* set devtools.inspector.showAllAnonymousContent pref to true

In Thunderbird, the Browser Toolbox is called the Developer Toolbox.

How to get DOM info
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3034448

Bplayer
 
Posts: 123
Joined: July 4th, 2011, 8:59 am
Location: Thornhill ON

Post Posted November 29th, 2019, 6:36 am

zlaer wrote:3) The dark theme, TT DeepDark is not compatible. Very weird. Are there any dark themes that darken the UI like TT DeepDark did?

I went back to 60.9.1 specifically because TTDeepDark was not compatible (and made a donation to support the upgrade project).

WaltS48

User avatar
 
Posts: 4097
Joined: May 7th, 2010, 9:38 am
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Post Posted November 29th, 2019, 6:49 am

Bplayer wrote:
zlaer wrote:3) The dark theme, TT DeepDark is not compatible. Very weird. Are there any dark themes that darken the UI like TT DeepDark did?

I went back to 60.9.1 specifically because TTDeepDark was not compatible (and made a donation to support the upgrade project).


Never used TTDeepDark, but I am using the built-in Thunderbird dark theme in 68.2.2.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5

zlaer
 
Posts: 126
Joined: June 29th, 2018, 11:11 am

Post Posted November 29th, 2019, 11:55 am

Bplayer wrote:
zlaer wrote:3) The dark theme, TT DeepDark is not compatible. Very weird. Are there any dark themes that darken the UI like TT DeepDark did?

I went back to 60.9.1 specifically because TTDeepDark was not compatible (and made a donation to support the upgrade project).


Appreciate it!

zlaer
 
Posts: 126
Joined: June 29th, 2018, 11:11 am

Post Posted November 29th, 2019, 11:57 am

WaltS48 wrote: but I am using the built-in Thunderbird dark theme in 68.2.2.


Hi Walt,

The problem with the built in dark mode is popup notifications, menu dropdowns and options arent dark.

Return to Thunderbird Support


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 7 guests