MozillaZine

How to revert back to previous version + stop future updates

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
firefox_fan2008

Post Posted January 30th, 2020, 7:38 am

I am experiencing major inconveniences with the latest version of Thunderbird as far as the calendar functionality goes.

How do I revert back to the previous version of Thunderbird and stop future updates. I've been through this road with Firefox before and don't intend to re-experience the same headaches ](*,) .

Curious what the difference between latest version of Thunderbird and the previous version is anyway.

Would appreciate your feedback.

tanstaafl

Post Posted January 30th, 2020, 12:27 pm

See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Go_back_to_an ... hunderbird

If you are using a profile that was created using version 68.* you probably need to add a --allow-downgrade command line argument in order to use that profile with 60.9.1. If you're using a profile created before 68 there shouldn't be a problem using it with 60.9.1 again.

The release notes cover most of the differences. The major difference is that support for legacy extensions was essentially dropped in 68 due to a new version of Gecko.

firefox_fan2008

Post Posted February 11th, 2020, 7:03 am

Thanks for the feedback tanstaafl

I spent some time today installing different versions of Thunderbird in order to get the functionality of the program as I was used to. I ended up having to revert back to version 60.9.1 in order to be to be able to access my profile. Then I tried to upgrade to the latest version and it worked fine this time. The issues that were created by automatic update from 68.4.1 to 68.4.2 are mostly resolved now so I am a happy camper again. And meanwhile I have also switched from 32 bit version to 64 bit version as well. 8-)

Return to Thunderbird Support