MozillaZine

thunderbird 68.5.0 bad link with gmail

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
jng

Post Posted February 21st, 2020, 10:48 am

I have three email providers - goddady, zoho and gmail, all of them pop.
When I used to click "get messages" Thunderbird would bring emails from those three sources.
Now it does not bring emails from gmail. In order to get them I have to open"get messages" and click gmail.

It is not a real problem. I am just afraid that it could grow to something serious.
I think that the problem comes from the way I had set up Gmail in Google; I don't think it is a Thunderbird problem.
But when I ask for a solution, I always get answers related to imap, which is not my case.
Is there an updated guidance on how to to properly set up Gmail pop so that I get its emails in Thunderbird but integrated with the other providers?
Or maybe it is indeed a Thunderbird new problem and it does not have anything to do with the Gmail setup?
Thanks.
jng

DanRaisch

Post Posted February 22nd, 2020, 6:26 am

Moving to Thunderbird Support as no bug has been identified here.

Thunderbird's default mode is to get the messages of the account currently active, that is the one on display in the right hand pane of the main window. You may want to install the "Get All Mail" extension -- https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/th ... src=search

Return to Thunderbird Support