Scrolling "within" a folder.......

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Banditz71

Scrolling "within" a folder.......

Post by Banditz71 »

For some reason, on my work computer, when scrolling within a folder, it basically scrolls "page" at a time .... as opposed to "line" at a time. My other two TB installs work normally and scroll a line at a time ....... where / what is the setting for controlling that? Thanks!
Richard H.
tanstaafl

Re: Scrolling "within" a folder.......

Post by tanstaafl »

I don't know of a setting to control that. Scrolling via the thumb wheel on my mouse seems to scroll a page at a time while scrolling via the cursor key goes a single line at a time.

Any chance you have the key remapped using the dorando keyconfig add-on? That doesn't work with version 68 or later.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/keyboard-shortcuts
morat

Post by morat »

Search for "scroll" in the about:config window.

Click the "Status" column to sort the "modified" preferences.

Are there any modified preferences in the problem profile that are set to default in the normal profile?
tsor

Post by tsor »

Afaik
you can change those values in the Operating System. MS Windows at the Control Panel --> Mouse. Inside the Mouse Properties --> Wheel Tab --> Vertical Scrolling and mark at 'The following number of line at a time' to your liking. I set mine to 4 [both vertical and horizontal].

Btw. If you use a 'Touchpad' those properties are stored at the same place.
Banditz71

Post by Banditz71 »

I should have added .... when scrolling the contents of a message, it smooth scrolls normally ...... but one wheel click moves a page worth when viewing a folder's contents ... this doesn't happen on my home computer.

I forgot to check this while at work today, but will tomorrow. I haven't done any remapping, etc...

Thanks for the responses!
Richard H.
Banditz71

Post by Banditz71 »

OK .... the Windows setting was the issue .... it was set at 8. Of course, now that I've lowered it, my smooth scrolling else where just barely creeps along .... so guess I'll just need to adjust settings there.

Thanks!
Richard H.