html and my AT&T Bill - TB vs. Yahoo Mail (using Firefox)

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
sludge7071-g

html and my AT&T Bill - TB vs. Yahoo Mail (using Firefox)

Post by sludge7071-g »

No feedback here . . . html and my AT&T Bill - Thunderbird vs. Yahoo Mail (using Firefox) | Thunderbird Support Forum | Mozilla Support . . . https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1288137

I'm re-posting here (I can't include the screenshots? They're on the above link):

I'm using the latest TB: 68.8.1 (32-bit) . . . and Win 10 with all current updates

Why does Thunderbird not show the icons properly on my AT&T bill, when Yahoo Mail does? (please see attached).

I'm using Firefox (with all current updates) to compare it on the web page version of Yahoo Mail.

Something with the html. Are they different versions? How do you figure this out?

It has been like this for a while.
DanRaisch

Re: html and my AT&T Bill - TB vs. Yahoo Mail (using Firefox

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Thunderbird Support as no specific bug has yet been identified here.
sludge7071-g

Post by sludge7071-g »

Please see screenshots, at the link above . . . They show the bug . . . Is there a way to post them here? I don't see how.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

See this article for info on posting screenshots http://kb.mozillazine.org/Posting_a_scr ... _the_forum
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

One reason for also posting a link here is if somebody later on has a similar problem and finds this thread the SUMO thread might have been archived.

I looked at the images in your link. The icons look identical, its the three lines of text underneath the 3 icons that is wrong. Its position has changed so that it starts with the second icon (not the leftmost one), and is above (not below them).

You're using Firefox 77.0 which has a version of Gecko (layout engine) several major versions later than what Thunderbird 68 uses. I suspect its a problem interpreting some HTML/CSS which has been fixed in your version of Firefox.
sludge7071-g

Post by sludge7071-g »

Yes . . . Gecko . . . ? . . . Why doesn't TB just use what FF does . . . or, it looks like TB is not keeping its rendering engine current
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

"Why doesn't TB just use what FF does "

They do, but they're on different release schedules. They also need time to deal with any changes in the new version of Gecko. The version 60 Gecko is what caused so many add-ons to break. The version 68 Gecko is what caused so many people to have to create a new profile when they updated Thunderbird.