MozillaZine


I want to remove the calendar tab button and task tab butto

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
morat
 
Posts: 4852
Joined: February 3rd, 2009, 6:29 pm

Post Posted September 21st, 2020, 7:50 am

@breaux

You need to use the following style to hide the calendar and task buttons.

Code: Select all
/* Thunderbird userChrome.css */

@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul");

#calendar-tab-button
{ display: none !important; }

#task-tab-button
{ display: none !important; }

http://kb.mozillazine.org/UserChrome.css

Remember to set the toolkit.legacyUserProfileCustomizations.stylesheets pref to true in about:config, then restart.

P.S.

Not all calendar items are hidden after all calendars are disabled. (read bug for more info)

breaux
 
Posts: 53
Joined: February 5th, 2003, 12:06 pm

Post Posted September 21st, 2020, 8:13 am

Yeah, I'm willing to do the userChrome change if necessary, it just looked like it was no longer supposed to be necessary?

tonynyc
 
Posts: 41
Joined: August 9th, 2013, 12:20 pm

Post Posted September 21st, 2020, 8:14 am

breaux wrote:Not sure if I've got some non-default setting affecting this, but disabling the one, Home calendar did not make the buttons go away for me.


Did you right click on it and uncheck: "Enable This Calendar"?

breaux
 
Posts: 53
Joined: February 5th, 2003, 12:06 pm

Post Posted September 21st, 2020, 10:20 am

Did you right click on it and uncheck: "Enable This Calendar"?


Well, it's properties and a checkbox in a separate dialog, but yes I did. I even have the yellow warning, when I click the Calendar button, that "All calendars are currently disabled..."

danll
 
Posts: 191
Joined: March 2nd, 2010, 4:20 pm

Post Posted November 3rd, 2020, 2:49 pm

morat wrote:When all calendars are disabled...

* open calendar tab
* right click on a calendar in calendar list
* click "Properties"
* uncheck "Enable This Calendar"
* click "OK"

...the today pane, today pane button, "Events and Tasks" menu (in menu bar and app menu) are hidden.

Adapt the UI when users are not using Calendar
http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1617786

For reading only as Bugzilla is not a forum.

Reference
http://searchfox.org/comm-esr78/search?q=hide-when-calendar-deactivated


Thank you thank you thank you! That gets rid of the annoying calendar message at bottom right, next to the Total listing. I don't use Calendars, to that's just trash to me.

makaiguy

User avatar
 
Posts: 16912
Joined: November 18th, 2002, 6:44 pm
Location: Somewhere in SE USA

Post Posted November 5th, 2020, 10:06 am

morat wrote:@breaux

You need to use the following style to hide the calendar and task buttons.

Code: Select all
/* Thunderbird userChrome.css */

@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul");

#calendar-tab-button
{ display: none !important; }

#task-tab-button
{ display: none !important; }

http://kb.mozillazine.org/UserChrome.css

Remember to set the toolkit.legacyUserProfileCustomizations.stylesheets pref to true in about:config, then restart.

P.S.

Not all calendar items are hidden after all calendars are disabled. (read bug for more info)

Worked perfectly, thanks Morat. First time I've wandered into my TBird profile files in a very long time.
Doug Wilson
Win10 (64bit): FF 94.0.1 (64bit), TB 91.3.1 (32-bit) ║ Android 10: FF Mobile 93.2.0, No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers

gunrunnerjohn
 
Posts: 62
Joined: January 23rd, 2007, 7:24 pm

Post Posted April 24th, 2021, 6:19 pm

Didn't work for me, is there something else I can do? I thought it was going to work since it seemed it worked for someone else.

makaiguy wrote:
morat wrote:@breaux

You need to use the following style to hide the calendar and task buttons.

Code: Select all
/* Thunderbird userChrome.css */

@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul");

#calendar-tab-button
{ display: none !important; }

#task-tab-button
{ display: none !important; }

http://kb.mozillazine.org/UserChrome.css

Remember to set the toolkit.legacyUserProfileCustomizations.stylesheets pref to true in about:config, then restart.

P.S.

Not all calendar items are hidden after all calendars are disabled. (read bug for more info)

Worked perfectly, thanks Morat. First time I've wandered into my TBird profile files in a very long time.

morat
 
Posts: 4852
Joined: February 3rd, 2009, 6:29 pm

Post Posted April 24th, 2021, 7:33 pm


WaltS48

User avatar
 
Posts: 4996
Joined: May 7th, 2010, 9:38 am
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Post Posted April 25th, 2021, 7:07 am

gunrunnerjohn wrote:Didn't work for me, is there something else I can do?


:idea: Install the Message Header Toolbar Customize extension.

From v2.1.0 the following features are added:
* Customize icon display individually (Choose "Individual" for the "Show" selector)
* Customize Quick Filter toolbar (right-click on the toolbar and choose Customize Toolbar)
* Rename toolbar buttons
* Hide Calendar and Today pane buttons
* Star and Print buttons are added to the message header toolbar (hidden by default)
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5

tonynyc
 
Posts: 41
Joined: August 9th, 2013, 12:20 pm

Post Posted April 26th, 2021, 2:06 pm

gunrunnerjohn wrote:Didn't work for me, is there something else I can do? I thought it was going to work since it seemed it worked for someone else.

makaiguy wrote:
morat wrote:@breaux

You need to use the following style to hide the calendar and task buttons.

Code: Select all
/* Thunderbird userChrome.css */

@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul");

#calendar-tab-button
{ display: none !important; }

#task-tab-button
{ display: none !important; }

http://kb.mozillazine.org/UserChrome.css

Remember to set the toolkit.legacyUserProfileCustomizations.stylesheets pref to true in about:config, then restart.

P.S.

Not all calendar items are hidden after all calendars are disabled. (read bug for more info)

Worked perfectly, thanks Morat. First time I've wandered into my TBird profile files in a very long time.




Do you have two chrome folders?
That was my issue..
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3064772

Return to Thunderbird Support


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 6 guests