MozillaZine

"Open in conversation" problem

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
user2018

Post Posted July 24th, 2020, 4:15 am

It seems that the functionality of "Open in conversation" has stopped working for me. I tried rebuilding the global database (this was suggested in some forums and helping websites) but this does not seem to solve the problem. It appears always inaccessible and gray out, even if there is a clear conversation that I can see by using the threading view.
Any idea is very much appreciated.
I have 68.10.0 (64-bit) on MacOS.

DanRaisch

Post Posted July 24th, 2020, 4:58 am

Have you also tried repairing the folder by right clicking on the folder name, selecting "Properties" from the context menu, and then clicking on the "Repair" button?
Do you have message threading enabled? https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/me ... hunderbird

tanstaafl

Post Posted July 24th, 2020, 6:04 am

It works for me with 68.10 under Windows 10 even with unthreaded selected in view -> sort by. Have you tried running Thunderbird in safe mode (help -> restart with add-ons disabled) to rule out it being due to a add-on that has a problem with version 68?

user2018

Post Posted July 24th, 2020, 10:15 am

Yes, I have tried all of that with no success:
-Repairing the folder does not seem to have an effect on this problem.
-I tried with both message threading enabled and disabled. The message threading works well, but I get no possibility to open in conversation independently of whether it is enabled or disabled.
-Restarting with add-ons disabled has no effect either.

Looking at the error console, I see some errors sometimes. Just in case this may be related:
TypeError: gFolderDisplay is null msgViewPickerOverlay.js:98:9
get currentViewValue chrome://messenger/content/msgViewPickerOverlay.js:98
RefreshViewPopup chrome://messenger/content/msgViewPickerOverlay.js:171
RefreshAllViewPopups chrome://messenger/content/msgViewPickerOverlay.js:154
ViewPickerOnLoad chrome://messenger/content/msgViewPickerOverlay.js:293
_onProfileStartup jar:file:///Applications/Thunderbird.app/Contents/Resources/omni.ja!/components/mailGlue.js:240
observe jar:file:///Applications/Thunderbird.app/Contents/Resources/omni.ja!/components/mailGlue.js:172

I also see warnings like:
XUL box for statusbarpanel element contained an inline #text child, forcing all its children to be wrapped in a block. messenger.xul
Content Security Policy: Ignoring “http:” within script-src: ‘strict-dynamic’ specified
Content Security Policy: Ignoring “'report-sample'” within script-src: ‘strict-dynamic’ specified

Return to Thunderbird Support