Google Calendar with Thunderbird 78?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
ckbks

Re: Google Calendar with Thunderbird 78?

Post by ckbks »

wms1yter5 - thank you!
ckbks

Re: Google Calendar with Thunderbird 78?

Post by ckbks »

Reporting back: I added TbSync and Provider for CalDav and CardDav and then enabled my calendars, contacts, and address book, with all the Google confirmations as noted above. (I also disabled GContactSync.) Thankfully everything populated and looked good; there is a separate directory for "Google calendar (Address Book)" showing all the contacts in my phone which was something I didn't have before, so that's a bonus for me.

In Calendar tab, the old Google Calendars are still in there, grayed out and not accessible, but that's a minor annoyance to have them listed there along with the bright, colorful, working calendars.

I, too, have a private domain as my primary email and also a gmail address and that doesn't seem to have mattered. I did not need to create a new profile or copy or move any folders or directories.

Because of wms1yter5's experience I was afraid to close TBird for fear of having to redo everything. Well, today TBird closed and when I reopened it I was delighted to see that everything remained in place. I'm not sure why wms1yter5 had a different (and far more frustrating) experience, but many thanks to you all for your guidance and I am pleased to have had an easier path. Thanks!