MozillaZine

Forwarded mails do not show in OWA

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
BillAC

Post Posted September 10th, 2020, 10:44 am

Something weird here: When I forward a message with Thunderbird via IMAP on server A to a colleague at company B that uses the Microsoft Exchange Server, he can see the forwarded message when he accesses the mail using Outlook. When using the web-based OWA interface, however, the forwarded message's text is missing. If I directly log into sever A (via a web interface) and forward the message from there, all is well both in Outlook and OWA at server B. Seems it has something to do with the Thunderbird. Has anybody else experienced this weirdness?

tanstaafl

Post Posted September 10th, 2020, 6:44 pm

Does this problem only occur with forwarded messages or does it also occur with new messages that you send to somebody that uses an Exchange server?

Have the recipient look at the raw source of the forwarded message (see the actual HTML tags rather than the interpreted results etc.) and see if this is a just a display problem, or the content of the forwarded message are truly missing.

BillAC

Post Posted September 14th, 2020, 6:25 am

tanstaafl wrote:Does this problem only occur with forwarded messages or does it also occur with new messages that you send to somebody that uses an Exchange server?

Have the recipient look at the raw source of the forwarded message (see the actual HTML tags rather than the interpreted results etc.) and see if this is a just a display problem, or the content of the forwarded message are truly missing.
I did some tests. Forwarding an email in "delivery format: plain text only" works like a charm. Forwarding a message "delivery format: HTML" preserves any text - properly rendered - before the forwarded message as well as the forwarding information (mini-headers) but does not display the text of the forwarded message in OWA. A new message sent in HTML format is rendered properly. Forwarding as an attachment works as expected.

Return to Thunderbird Support