MozillaZine

To: line missing

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
creid145

Post Posted October 14th, 2020, 4:04 pm

I am running Thunderbird 78.3.2 and the second To: line, address area has disappeared.

I read an article that said I could fix it by going to tools > options > advanced > general and accessing the config editor. I would be happy to do that but I do not find the advanced option to click on.

I am the IT tech for a small town office and the same thing has happened to the Town Manager and she is not happy about it so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Clyde

tanstaafl

Post Posted October 14th, 2020, 6:04 pm

Could you post a link to that article? AFAIK you can't override that using the config editor. However, you could enable the contact side bar (view -> contacts sidebar or press F9) and use it rather than auto-config to enter addresses. It lets you select a contact from a list (which also has a search feature) and press the "add to To:" button.

It is possible to add multiple contacts to the single To: line. It will also automatically wrap as needed in order to use multiple lines. The main problem is we're used to adding a separator like a comma in order to have more than one contact on the line, or to press Return and enter the next To: address at a additional To: prompt. Once you get past old habits its not bad.

The Town manager is going to have to get used to other changes soon. The UI lead is working on redoing the main toolbars and the folder pane for example.

WaltS48

Post Posted October 15th, 2020, 6:24 am

creid145 wrote:I am running Thunderbird 78.3.2 and the second To: line, address area has disappeared.

I read an article that said I could fix it by going to tools > options > advanced > general and accessing the config editor. I would be happy to do that but I do not find the advanced option to click on.

I am the IT tech for a small town office and the same thing has happened to the Town Manager and she is not happy about it so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Clyde

Help is right here Addressing an Email
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5

Return to Thunderbird Support