Complex Filtering RSS feed

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
x1q5

Complex Filtering RSS feed

Post by x1q5 »

I have an rss feed subscription that gives me specialized movie releases, one movie per message. Each message starts with an image of the poster, and then, further down the page, it gives me an IMDB rating in this format:

IMDB Rating: 7.8/10 From 9 Users

I'm attempting to filter out releases that have both ratings higher than 5 and with more than 100 users.

I could live with manually navigating from message to message if I could see the rating at the top, but the poster image at the top requires scrolling down to be able to view the rating. I've looked into a hotkey that will toggle the image off and on, but, for some reason, the images are not remote (I have remote content disabled).

Is there an extension that can find a line of text based on what it starts with and either display it first- or maybe append it to the subject?

Is there an extension that can filter using custom code (regex to find line, regex to extract values, if then greater than, etc.)?

Ideally, I'd love to be able to have a filter that sends the messages that don't meet my criteria to another folder, but I'm open to any idea that can get this done- lo or hi fi.
Last edited by DanRaisch on November 18th, 2020, 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Subject edited to clarify