send and receive email including attachments

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
stefanoste78

send and receive email including attachments

Post by stefanoste78 »

Good evening.
Could you tell me how to send and receive emails including attachments.
Normally I sent the emails with the vba excel CDO system.
The problem is that the CDO system only allows sending but not receiving.
There is a chrome extension:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... gkapkpjkkb
which sends a notification when a user opens the email.
I would like to be able to associate the notification with the list of emails that are listed in an excel file.
Do you have experience in this with excel macros or with other thunderbird specific code types that obviously I don't know.
Thanks
Ulteriori informazioni su questo testo di originePer avere ulteriori informazioni sulla traduzione è necessario il testo di origine
Invia commenti
Riquadri laterali
tanstaafl

Re: send and receive email including attachments

Post by tanstaafl »

I'm a little confused what you are trying to do. You want to continue to send email via CDO/VBA in Excel calling Thunderbird, use a Chrome browser and a browser add-on to send you a mail telling you what messages you sent have been read, and then are trying to find some way to associate that with a list of emails in Excel?

What do you store in the list of emails in the Excel file? Just the destination email address or something unique like the Message-ID?

What has this to do with Thunderbird? It sounds more like a question for a Excel forum since Thunderbird doesn't expose the objects I think you're looking for. The closest would be to have Excel use MAPI to read messages received by the default email client (Thunderbird). In which case why bother with CDO, use just MAPI.

Did you consider using something like Mailchimp instead? You could configure Thunderbird to use Mailchimps smtp server to send messages and log into their web site to observe who reads what messages you sent etc. i.e. let them do all of the plumbing. They have several price plans, including a free tier.

The other advantage of using a dedicated service like MailChimp is it avoids the send limits your email provider might impose.