MozillaZine

Can't find Preferences re loaing Filelink?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Flycaster

Post Posted February 1st, 2021, 1:15 pm

I'm trying to establish filelink, but the instructions that I got tell me how to find Preferences get me nowhere. Also, I tried downloading filelink, but it didn't load. I have the latest TB and would like to, or see the latest, instructions for getting filelink. Thanks.
Windows 10 H 64-bit, Quantum The Latest, Chrome v84, Edge v84, Thunderbird The Latest, Avast Premium Security v20.6

tanstaafl

Post Posted February 1st, 2021, 2:41 pm

Did you try to follow https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/fi ... ttachments ?

On my PC tools -> options -> composition -> attachments shows that there is built-in support for WeTransfer. If you click on the "find more providers" link you can add support for Box, Dropbox etc. (easier than using a browser to download the add-on and then configure Thunderbird to install the add-on).

Flycaster

Post Posted February 1st, 2021, 7:40 pm

tanstaafl wrote:Did you try to follow https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/fi ... ttachments ?

On my PC tools -> options -> composition -> attachments shows that there is built-in support for WeTransfer. If you click on the "find more providers" link you can add support for Box, Dropbox etc. (easier than using a browser to download the add-on and then configure Thunderbird to install the add-on).

I have done this, but nothing happens when I choose to add Box to TB...like I expected Box to show up in TB's addons, but not there???
Windows 10 H 64-bit, Quantum The Latest, Chrome v84, Edge v84, Thunderbird The Latest, Avast Premium Security v20.6

tanstaafl

Post Posted February 1st, 2021, 9:11 pm

I just added "Filelink for Box" via clicking on "find more providers", and then clicking on the Add to Thunderbird button next to the Box add-on. It adds Box to the list of providers, and displays a warning triangle next to "Box" that its not configured yet. Clicking on it displays a "Connect to Box account" link that if I click on it brings up a tab that wants me to log into Box.

I'm using TB 78.7.0 under Windows 10. It does NOT add "FileLink for Box in tools -> add-ons". It only shows up in the list of added filelink providers and in the list of extensions in help -> troubleshooting information. This is sort of like what happens when you add a search provider extension using "add from file" in tools -> options -> general -> default search engine.

Flycaster

Post Posted February 2nd, 2021, 7:47 am

tanstaafl wrote:I just added "Filelink for Box" via clicking on "find more providers", and then clicking on the Add to Thunderbird button next to the Box add-on. It adds Box to the list of providers, and displays a warning triangle next to "Box" that its not configured yet. Clicking on it displays a "Connect to Box account" link that if I click on it brings up a tab that wants me to log into Box.

I did exactly a you did, and yet the box doesn't appear in the list of providers. I closed TB are reopened, but made no difference...no Box in the list. I then selected We Transfer, and it did appear in the lists

I'm using TB 78.7.0 under Windows 10. It does NOT add "FileLink for Box in tools -> add-ons". It only shows up in the list of added filelink providers and in the list of extensions in help -> troubleshooting information. This is sort of like what happens when you add a search provider extension using "add from file" in tools -> options -> general -> default search engine.

I'm using TB 78.6.1 under W10. Nor does Box appear anywhere in Troubleshooting Info.

BTW, I was having trouble finding how to even find the provider's list because the instructions never said that it was to be found under Options>Compositions. Instructions just said Options.

WaltS48

Post Posted February 2nd, 2021, 4:14 pm

BTW, I was having trouble finding how to even find the provider's list because the instructions never said that it was to be found under Options>Compositions. Instructions just said Options.

You are allowed to click Options and explore.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5

Flycaster

Post Posted February 3rd, 2021, 3:17 pm

WaltS48 wrote:

You are allowed to click Options and explore.

You know I know that. I was just saying that the instructions could have been more explicit...and nothing more.
BTW, would you also know how I can get Box in to the lists field. As you can see I did follow the instructions, but no Box.

WaltS48

Post Posted February 3rd, 2021, 4:24 pm

Tools > Add-ons > Extensions.
Type Box into the Find more add-ons Search box.

Flycaster

Post Posted February 4th, 2021, 7:44 am

Trouble with box registration.

OK, finally got Box (with a small yellow triangle to its right) into the lists field. However, when it came to "Connect your Box account...,) I see that I have to first have to register. Couldn't do this as I couldn't find where to register???

WaltS48

Post Posted February 4th, 2021, 3:11 pm

I added Box to a test profile.
Clicked the "Connect your Box Account" button.
A Customer Log In page opened in a Thunderbird tab.
Clicked the "Use Single Sign On (SSO) link.

I probably could have entered my Gmail address and password and it would work, but didn't pursue it any further as I don't need file transfer accounts.

The one supplied with Thunderbird (WeTransfer) would probably work for me.

Also, I just noticed the "Find more providers" link right underneath "Add WeTransfer", which is underneath the lists box.

Flycaster

Post Posted February 4th, 2021, 4:22 pm

WaltS48 wrote:I added Box to a test profile.
Clicked the "Connect your Box Account" button.
A Customer Log In page opened in a Thunderbird tab.
Clicked the "Use Single Sign On (SSO) link.

I probably could have entered my Gmail address and password and it would work, but didn't pursue it any further as I don't need file transfer accounts.

The one supplied with Thunderbird (WeTransfer) would probably work for me.

Also, I just noticed the "Find more providers" link right underneath "Add WeTransfer", which is underneath the lists box.

I also clicked on Use Single Sign On (SSO) link, but still had to put in a PW, which I don't have because I first have to register and I don't know where to register???

WaltS48

Post Posted February 5th, 2021, 8:00 am

You use the same password as the email account you used in the Username field.

henryg_1

Post Posted February 17th, 2021, 7:54 am

Sorry to butt in, but I cannot get WeTransfer or any other FileLink provider to work. WeTransfer doesn't appear to have/need login (although I do have an account and used it manually via Firefox), while Box gives the dreaded yellow triangle and

Error:invalid_client
and a load of other stuff - where is the upload/attachment button on the Board?

Thunderbird 78.7.1 x64
Regards

Henry

tanstaafl

Post Posted February 17th, 2021, 8:42 am

The WeTransfer status page at https://wetransfer.statuspage.io states:

Email Delivery Degraded
Investigating - We have detected an issue with our email delivery partner. Some emails may take more time to reach their destination, we're working with our provider to get this fixed as soon as possible. Please refer to our troubleshooting steps here: https://we.tl/emailhelp
Feb 17, 13:22 UTC

Return to Thunderbird Support