Manually sent to folder and automatically tagged

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
milojarow

Manually sent to folder and automatically tagged

Post by milojarow »

Hi, I was searching in forum (and google) but couln't find any way to do this: manually sent an email to a folder and that email to be automatically tagged by thunderbird.

I was looking at filter rules but there's no if condition to tag emails when they are in certain folder.
Is there a way I can create my own if statement to work inside thunderbird?

I was also looking for add-ons but couldn't find the one #-o
LIMPET235

Re: Manually sent to folder and automatically tagged

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi,
Moving this to Thunderbird Support...
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Can you be a little clearer on what you need to do with this. Are you moving messages from one folder to another or something else? Perhaps a step by step of what you intend.
milojarow

Post by milojarow »

DanRaisch wrote:Can you be a little clearer on what you need to do with this. Are you moving messages from one folder to another or something else? Perhaps a step by step of what you intend.
This is an example:
=> to move manually a message from inbox to a folder called "things I want to read later"
=> then I want an automatic filter to apply unread status and a label

That's it
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

That might better be addressed by creating a manually triggered filter to do multiple things. (It can't be an automatic filter as those will only run on messages newly received to the account's Inbox folder.)
Create a tag and (maybe) call it "TBRL" for To Be Read Later. Apply that tag to any message you want to move as you describe. Then create a filter that moves any messages in the current folder that have that tag to the "things I want to read later" folder, marks them as unread.