No XUL.mfl file

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
tommyzulu

No XUL.mfl file

Post by tommyzulu »

I am running Thunderbird 78.9.1 and am trying to resolve the fact that Mailto: links seem not be opening in thunderbird on many received emails. Clicking the link opens a new tab which says 'loading' but nothing happens.
I have been going through all sorts of check - restarting in safe mode with add-ons disabled, checking the there is no "false" tag on network etc settings, checking that it has no http attachment setting etc...
But in going through the required steps, I cannot find a XUL.mfl file on my laptop at all (Windows 10)
What is going on?
Anyideas...
tanstaafl

Re: No XUL.mfl file

Post by tanstaafl »

xul.mfl is obsolete, it hasn't been used for many years. See if https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1222856 helps.
tommyzulu

Post by tommyzulu »

Thank you. (I wonder why it is still mentioned so prominently in the standard procedures advice).
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

I think you're referring to http://kb.mozillazine.org/Standard_diag ... hunderbird . The wiki was frozen a little over a year ago. I'm porting and updating the Thunderbird articles to another wiki but I'm dropping that KB article as it's information is obsolete and I've found few people paid attention to a standard diagnostic.
tommyzulu

Post by tommyzulu »

Thank you so much.

I am still left with the issue of non operational mailto: links in received emails - some but not all - which when clicked open a new tab which just says "loading" but nothing happens.
I have had no luck in the Mozilla Forum with possible solutions... although I have tried a whole host of fixes, none of which have made any difference. I thought at first that it was only in emails from MailChimp, but I have now experienced the probem in some other emails in my inbox.
Do you happen to know where I should look for help on this.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Are you using Firefox when you click on the mailto link?

If so, is mailto in the applications section of the options set to Use Thunderbird, and the Thunderbird details (click on the down arrow by "Use Thunderbird" and select Application details at the bottom of list box) set to something like C:\Program Files\Thunderbird\thunderbird.exe ?
tommyzulu

Post by tommyzulu »

No, I am referring on Mailto links in emails, so they are within Thunderbird.

As an example, I have an email from a contact with a cross reference to an email I should click to get hold of a third person. I click on the link and it immediately opens a new window "write no subject"; I have the same link in an email received from a MailChimp generated email which on clicking only opens a tab which then says "loading".