Change email headers under version 78

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Barabba

Change email headers under version 78

Post by Barabba »

Hi, it seems my lovely Header Tools Lite doesn't work on version 78, the author unfortunately doesn't update it, and unfortunately Thunderbird continue to change the requirements for addons making often them out of order..
this was the only reason I still lock to version 60,9 till now. But I need to add a Google acocunt and also they make our life a bit more complicated, asking for cookie to allow Thunderbird to coonect. It seams 60,9 doesn't support it, I've tried my best to overcome, and the only way I have is to update to the latest 78.

ANy way to change headers on version 78? To archive my email giving them a sense I need to change the object.
Thank you a lot for suggestions
DanRaisch

Re: Change email headers under version 78

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Thunderbird Support.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

I have several different versions installed , each with their own profile. I have no problem using version 60.9.1 with a Gmail IMAP account configured to use OAuth2 for authentication.

It does require the ability to create a google.com cookie. Check the exceptions list in tools -> options -> privacy -> web content. I had to manually add the google.com web site because I had disabled cookies for third party web sites.
CBA

Post by CBA »

Barabba wrote:Hi, it seems my lovely Header Tools Lite doesn't work on version 78, the author unfortunately doesn't update it, and unfortunately Thunderbird continue to change the requirements for addons making often them out of order.. this was the only reason I still lock to version 60,9 till now.
Header Tools Lite 2.3 (October 12, 2020) works fine with Tb 68.12.1 in case you want to move to that version. Fwiw.