Unable to save your message as a draft. (Mac)

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
ballen4705

Unable to save your message as a draft. (Mac)

Post by ballen4705 »

I am experiencing the same problem. I have five "accounts": four are different IMAP accounts, and the fifth is the local folder. The four IMAP accounts are all configured to save drafts to the local/Drafts. If I compose an email and close the compose window, a dialog pops up asking if I want to Discard, Cancel or Save. If I select 'Save' then I get the error message which is the title of this thread. I am using Thunderbird 78.11.0 (64-bit) on a Macbook Pro.

I have tried repairing the local/Drafts folder, and also creating a different subfolder local/NewDrafts, and selecting that as the 'save drafts' target. Neither of these fixes the problem.

The problem is particularly annoying because the periodic automatic draft saves during message composition also bring up the same error message, which block the app until it is removed by hand/mouse. So this error keeps popping up during normal use every few minutes.
Last edited by DanRaisch on June 8th, 2021, 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split from original as that was under WIn 10 and this is on a Mac.
tanstaafl

Re: Unable to save your message as a draft. (Mac)

Post by tanstaafl »

Do you have a problem copying/moving a message to that folder? I'm asking to rule out it being some file access rights issue.

Did you have this problem with earlier versions of Thunderbird?

Try using safe mode (help -> restart with add-ons disabled) to see if it makes a difference. Unlikely, but worth the effort of ruling out a bad add-on as the culprit.