Calendar Froze the Program

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
D4rKNeSs

Calendar Froze the Program

Post by D4rKNeSs »

So long time back I decided to set up a few dozen events in the calendar so I could organize my life and get on a schedule for news years! Sounds great doesn't it? However after a while new years resolutions end up in File 13. Creating dozens and dozens of pop up notices etc of unattended too events. No biggie what ever delete it to completed or what ever or so I thought. So tonight W10 updates and while back update screwed the printer up so thought was the case again with a frozen Thunderbird Email Client. So after about an hour of doing restore and not working but seemed the fastest and easiest first step. So then I uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled, about 10 or 15 times. So now were on 3 hrs. Finally it clicks its that stupid calendar so I said screw it what have to got to lose just delete the calendar data out of the profile folder and see what happens. Wala, hit pay dirt! Back in like Flynn.

Just in case anyone might be experiencing some thing this. I tried to search but couldn't find nothing. Good thing I'm smarter than the average internet user since I been around since 1994 and been using Thunderbird and remember the good ol days of the email folders just disappearing so I am familiar with the bugs but haven't had anything like disappearing folders for many years but it all comes back though on how to fix it. MozBackUp is still and always priceless and it really is priceless its free to use! I didn't have a back up plan if the calendar deletion didn't work so glad it did. My email goes back to 2011 or so.

The D4rKNeSs

*Edit 78.11.0
ROFLMAO! Captain Tripps in the house. Just the play by dumb rules and suck it up, its not like I hang here ROFL!!~ Don't Base the Client on Forum, the Client is much Better less you like being micro managed then its great~ Wow now were compliant. I feel so good, I feel so numb!
DanRaisch

Re: Calendar Froze the Program

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Thunderbird Support as no specific bug has yet been identified.

Note that Uninstalling and reinstalling the application itself has absolutely no impact on your Profile, which is where saved data such as account settings, message files, etc is stored and where most problems originate.
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Standard_diag ... hunderbird
D4rKNeSs

Re: Calendar Froze the Program

Post by D4rKNeSs »

That may be true but at 11 pm at night there's not much options but to try some thing, anything when you need to have access to emails~> However I know now the calendar doesn't work right which is the bug. Don't worry I wont use that again. Live and learn~>

I dont need support I already figured it out the Calendar jams if you let the notifications build up. I wont be responding any more because there is no need for support. I got it all figured out now. Now maybe someone can make the calendar work right. Next time I wont post about any issues and will let Mr Genius figure it out on his own.
ROFLMAO! Captain Tripps in the house. Just the play by dumb rules and suck it up, its not like I hang here ROFL!!~ Don't Base the Client on Forum, the Client is much Better less you like being micro managed then its great~ Wow now were compliant. I feel so good, I feel so numb!