Error messages

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
lucidoobe

Error messages

Post by lucidoobe »

I am using IMAP account on all my home network devices (Thunderbird 78.13.0 (64-bit)).

I get various "BAD" error messages for any in/out activity, although the client seems to be still doing its job OK?

The "BAD" msg comes with following 2-digit numericals such as 40, 70, or similar. I believe it to be internet related and I have acquaintances with the same platform experiencing same?
DanRaisch

Re: Error messages

Post by DanRaisch »

What is the full text of the error messages? That is, does it must read "Bad 40" or is there additional content?
Who is the email provider?
Is this a new installation or one that was working without these errors but is now having the problem?
lucidoobe

Post by lucidoobe »

DanRaisch wrote:What is the full text of the error messages? That is, does it must read "Bad 40" or is there additional content?
Who is the email provider?
Is this a new installation or one that was working without these errors but is now having the problem?
Hi Dan,
This morning's TBird login resulted in 67 BAD.
imap email provider is TPG here in Australia.
All devices installations not new, experienced messages same on incoming or outgoing, occasionally not at all. I have a screen shot but do not see where to post or place it here?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadba ... td-p/74437

This is probably unrelated, but did you change security.tls.version.min from 3 to 1 using the config editor? Supposedly TPG still doesn't support TLS version 1.3 which is what TB 78 uses by default for connection security.

I searched their support pages and community forum and didn't find any description of 'BAD' error codes. They officially support Thunderbird so your best bet might be to call their technical support and ask what that error code means.
lucidoobe

Post by lucidoobe »

I believe you are correct, as I was advised to change security.tls.version.min from 3 to 1 using the config editor.

The upgraded TB version didn't work without this change. I will call them and do what you suggest and when I get news I will come back here.
lucidoobe

Post by lucidoobe »

lucidoobe wrote:I believe you are correct, as I was advised to change security.tls.version.min from 3 to 1 using the config editor.

The upgraded TB version didn't work without this change. I will call them and do what you suggest and when I get news I will come back here.
The issue has been resolved from my ISP. Configeditor settings had to be done and after 2 machines no problems, ready to do the remainder completely.
Thanking you for your assistance.