Am Not Receiving All Emails...

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
RosieRose

Am Not Receiving All Emails...

Post by RosieRose »

Am having problems getting all the emails sent to my email address. Some come in, some take as long as 20-30 mins to come in, and some do not make it to my email Inbox at all. There are two emails which I especially need to get as they have info on them I need to log in to their respective websites/streaming apps.

One is Philo. The only way Philo allows us to log into their app/website is by entering our email address, then they send out an email with a 6 digit number code in it and this number is used as a kind of password for logging in. I have been trying for days to receive this email with the number code and it's yet to show up. I've spoken to tech support over at Philo and all they can tell me is they "see" their emails being blocked and bounced back. I don't know if this is true, all I know is what they tell me. I did receive an email from Philo on 9/10/21 but nothing since then, even though there have been numerous emails with number codes sent to my email address in the past week.

Another email I'm not getting is one from Dish. Just signed up for Dish service and need to create a new online account. I put in my email address 3 hours ago, then they sent out an email to me with some kind of verification, and I have yet to receive it. I've clicked Resend Email several times (with time inbetween) but nothing is coming in. And, yes, I've checked my spam folder. I've been online for the past 22 years, so I've got a fairly workable understanding of spam folders, clearing out caches, clearing out cookies, rebooting and such. I certainly don't know it all, by a long shot, which is why I'm glad for this website, but I've got some of the basics down.

I went to my email provider and spoke to two techs there, but they had no answers. The first tech sent out an email to me, and it took 20 mins to show up in my Inbox. She transferred me to a second tech who sent out an email to me and it was in my Inbox inside of seconds. However, neither of these techs had any answers as to why I'm not getting all my emails, so they've escalated the problem to another department. I'm waiting on a call now.

In the meantime, I've come over here to see if anyone has any information on very s-l-o-w or missing emails. Is this a new problem? Has anyone else seen this before?

I don't know what info you need to help with this but I can supply it once I know what it is.
HP Pavilion 15.6" Laptop, 12 GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM, Intel® Core™ i5, 1 TB SATA, Intel® HD Graphics 620, DVD Writer
DanRaisch

Re: Am Not Receiving All Emails...

Post by DanRaisch »

Thunderbird can only download/display what is received by the provider's servers. Have you ever logged onto that account's using a browser to see if the messages appearing late in Thunderbird or being kicked back are actually showing in that environment?
RosieRose

Re: Am Not Receiving All Emails...

Post by RosieRose »

Finally discovered the problem on why I haven't been receiving all my email......my email provider changed the "rules" relating to their email account requirements and I didn't see the announcement of this change. I've now performed all the necessary changes and email is once again coming into my Thunderbird account.

Thank you, once again, Mozilla for all your support and thanks to the many, many people who offer all their expertise on the problems we have with Thunderbird.

Be safe.
Be well.
HP Pavilion 15.6" Laptop, 12 GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM, Intel® Core™ i5, 1 TB SATA, Intel® HD Graphics 620, DVD Writer