Message count problems on 91.1.1

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
DarkstarTom

Message count problems on 91.1.1

Post by DarkstarTom »

I've just upgraded to Thunderbird 91.1.1. I use the unified folders option and I have the folder pane columns turned on to show the number of uread and total number of messages in each mailbox. Upgrading seems to have made several problems to the way this works:

1) Now by default it shows the total number including all sub mailboxes, there is a little down arrow next to the number that wasn't there before. How do I disable this behaviour, I only want the total number in the current mailbox. I have tried double clicking on the number which changes it to the total for the current mailbox, but this setting change isn't remembered after reopening Thunderbird.

2) The toal number including all sub mail boxes doen't appear to be correct. It actually seems to be much higher than the number of messages I have. I do have large numbers of messages in each mail box (5,000-6,000 in some), but the total count number is showing hundreds more than it should.

3) Junk emails now appear to be included in the unread count column where they weren't before, can this be turned off?

Are these bugs or am I doing something wrong?

Any help is much appriciated, thanks!

Last bumped by DarkstarTom on October 4th, 2021, 7:06 am.