Calendar not show any items after 91.2.0 update

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
markgemb

Calendar not show any items after 91.2.0 update

Post by markgemb »

Today when I opened my Thunderbird, all my email, address book etc were there. However NONE of my calendar items came across in the upgrade. I have searched and unsuccessfully tried whats below, as there is NO CONFIG editor showing in my settings. Help! all my events, appointments, etc are missing

Lightning disappears after a Thunderbird update (release and beta versions)
This may happen if the update of the add-on is stuck. Don't worry about your calendar data, it is left untouched and will be available again if you follow these steps to restore Lightning:

Go to the Advanced section of Thunderbird OptionsSettings and click on Config Editor...
Copy or start typing extensions.installedDistroAddon.{e2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103} into the search box
When extensions.installedDistroAddon... is listed in the preferences list, right-click on it and choose Reset from the context menu - the preference now isn't bold anymore and its value is empty
Close the editor, leave the Thunderbird options, open Thunderbird's add-ons manager and switch to the list of installed extensions
If Lightning is listed there, click on Remove to the right of the list item
Restart Thunderbird
After Thunderbird has been relaunched, Lightning will be back and you will have access to your
markgemb

Re: Calendar not show any items after 91.2.0 update

Post by markgemb »

I don't have permission to see it, even with using the one time code the system sent to me
sfhowes

Post by sfhowes »

Here it is:

"Excellent work by people have discovered the following may be a way of a fix for people who updated to 91* and discovered the default Home thunderbird calendar empty and not retaining new events.
https://thunderbird.topicbox.com/groups ... vents-lost

It seems data is not lost but is inaccessible.

Try this:

Menu app icon > Help > Troubleshooting Information
Under 'Application Basics' - about 11th in list is Profile Folder - Click on 'Open folder'

A new window opens showing the contents of your 'profile name' folder.

Exit Thunderbird if running....this is important

Click on 'calendar-data' folder to see contents.
Copy local.sqlite file and put copy onto desktop.
In calendar-data folder - Rename 'local.sqlite' to 'local.sqlite.bak' - but if you already have this that's ok - just delete the 'local.sqlite' file.

Download install addon - Firefox sqlite DB manager add-on into Firefox browser.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefo ... er-webext/

Start the addon - you should see a new icon on the toolbar near the menu app icon - hover over icon and it will say SQLite Manager - clickon it. Use addon to open the desktop copy of the local.sqlite DB drag the desktop copy of 'local.sqlite' into the opened addon.

run two SQL queries - you type this in the yellow area

Searched for items with null id:
SELECT * from cal_events WHERE id IS NULL LIMIT 100

If you find any... So then use the following to deleted it:
DELETE FROM cal_events WHERE id IS NULL

Saved the database file, 'Save' located at the bottom - save is usually saved in the 'Downloads' folder.

Access the 'Downloads' folder to locate downloaded saved version of 'local.sqlite'. put the saved 'local.sqlite' back into the 'calendar-data' folder

restart Thunderbird"

Not the simplest solution, but should work in a pinch until it's fixed in an update.
markgemb

Post by markgemb »

thanks for the update, however, Firefox sqlite DB page is not there....

Download install addon - Firefox sqlite DB manager add-on into Firefox browser.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefo ... er-webext/

So couldnt do the add on. I did try this in both firefox and chrome browser (I know, its for firefox....) got the same error message. So, once again am stuck. is there any way to see what the developers have as top priorities? I doubt I am the only person this happened to today.....

Thanks again for your attention to this.
Mark
sfhowes

Post by sfhowes »

The full link is https://addons.mozilla.org/en-CA/firefo ... er-webext/

or https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... clfe?hl=en

There are many users with the same problem. It can be avoided by exporting the calendars before updating to 91.

The developers' top priorities are known only to the developers.
markgemb

Post by markgemb »

Many Thanks to sfhowes! I followed the details for the SQL edit that you provided, and I have indeed restored all my calendar data!
You are a lifesaver, thank you ! thank you! thank you!!!!!!
WhenPigsFly

Post by WhenPigsFly »

sfhowes:
I don't understand how does viewing and deleting entries in the calendar folder restores the calendar events lost in the 91.2 update.
Are you able to explain this?
Thanks!
sfhowes

Post by sfhowes »

WhenPigsFly wrote:sfhowes:
I don't understand how does viewing and deleting entries in the calendar folder restores the calendar events lost in the 91.2 update.
Are you able to explain this?
Thanks!
No, I can't explain why, but the method described above for removing the events with null ID seems to restore all the other events.
spikegifted

Post by spikegifted »

I followed the instruction and used SQLite manager to search the local.sqlite file and got "Empty" on both lines. My Google calendar is still not working.
sfhowes

Post by sfhowes »

spikegifted wrote:I followed the instruction and used SQLite manager to search the local.sqlite file and got "Empty" on both lines. My Google calendar is still not working.
If you're using an add-on like Provider to sync a Google calendar, remove or disable the add-on, then add the calendar from File/New/Calendar...On the Network...enter the gmail address...the calendar is autodetected...enter the account password in the OAuth window (cookies must be accepted in TB Prefs.).
spikegifted

Post by spikegifted »

sfhowes wrote:If you're using an add-on like Provider to sync a Google calendar, remove or disable the add-on, then add the calendar from File/New/Calendar...On the Network...enter the gmail address...the calendar is autodetected...enter the account password in the OAuth window (cookies must be accepted in TB Prefs.).
Thanks, got it! It's working.