User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
I have Gmail IMAP and in the past couple of weeks it's been acting sluggish at times when downloading or switching between folders. The activity indicator appears sometimes for up to 30 seconds. The other (non-Gmail) accounts act normally.
Also, sometimes if I move a message to another folder it won't move on the first try. Or it will look like it moved but goes back to its original folder.
I tried Safe Mode, no change. In researching this issue I found references to something called "All Mail" but All Mail only has one message in it. I've emptied the Trash and compacted the account.
Suggestions, please, on how to troubleshoot?
Are those accounts also IMAP?
Are there large numbers of messages in the folders where this lagging is observed?
Is there any improvment if you right click on a folder involved in this lagging and select Properties from the context menu and then click on the "Repair Folder" button?
Yes, I have four accounts and all are IMAP
I don't think the numbers are considered large. One has 137, most of the rest are in the 25 to 40 range or less.
Little if any change.
Another symptom is that downloading messages from the server can take a long time - the Topic and Correspondents shows the new message but the content won't appear for a few to many seconds.
This may be an issue of Global Search and Indexing, perhaps with a corrupted index file for that function.
Close Thunderbird and navigate to the profile folder. http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Thunderbird
Locate and delete the file global-messages-db.sqlite
Restart Thunderbird and see if there is any performance improvement.
another victim here - updated to 91.2.1 (64-bit)/Win10 - all gmail accounts
switching folders takes easily 1-2 minutes. Sendign messages often get stuck when it says copyign to sent folder.
deleting the .sqlite file did not work. Also tried repairing the folders or deleting all .msf. No luck.
That seemed to help. I wasn't sure at first because it still had somewhat of a lag when changing folders, etc. But I've used it several days and it is acting normal, or close to normal.
Turns out the problem was Avast. Disabled it and things started working as normal. Funny thing is that I re-enabled it and things still worked as normal.
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], DanRaisch and 7 guests