Lost Emails after Repair – Thunderbird shows empty mailboxes

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
tanstaafl

Re: Lost Emails after Repair – Thunderbird shows empty mailb

Post by tanstaafl »

Thanks, but no.

We had a funding drive many years ago to buy some dedicated hardware to run the software on. However, the long term plan was to move to a virtual host provided by OSL Labs, who provide us free hosting. That would have eliminated almost all of our expenses, just needing to pay for renewing the domain. Unfortunately our admin appears to have decided he didn't have enough spare time to do that and rather than find a successor started to shut down the web site (froze the wiki) 2 years ago and then disappeared.

We're running on auto-pilot while waiting for OSL Labs to come up with a long term plan to keep us alive. We found a potential admin who is willing to migrate the forum/web site to a virtual host, but the former admin owns the web site name and the domain. I plan on raising the issue of what is the long term plan next year after the holidays. I assume we'll need to get a new domain, but that's very cheap. We'll ask for donations then.
GeorgeNL

Re: Lost Emails after Repair – Thunderbird shows empty mailb

Post by GeorgeNL »

Yeah, I know the problem. I know of a complete school-system, running on Linux. And after the admin left, they couldn't find anyone capable of operating Linux.

You do a good job, tanstaafi.. This is a very useful forum. And problems with e-mail can have very serious consequences. All the best!