Migrating TB 91.3.2 from Windows to Linux => lost calendars

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
CharlyMoz

Migrating TB 91.3.2 from Windows to Linux => lost calendars

Post by CharlyMoz »

Hello

I'm trying to migrate my TB profiles that served me for years from the Windows environment to Linux but fail to get my calendar working. All my calendars are Google Agenda calendar configured as network agenda on TB.

Starting point :
I have a portable setup of TB (last version 91.3.2) for Windows on a USB hard-drive that worked flawlessly for years. I do have a backup that works as well.

Goal expected :
I want to be able to plug the hard-drive on a Linux machine, and use a localy installed TB for Linux (same version 31.3.2) that uses the profile on the USB drive. Linux version here is Mint Mate 20.2. And I want to keep tha ability to run the Windows program when needed.

The result :
The profile appears correctly on Linux. All the mail boxes work perfectly on both environments. My issue is with calendars...

Before the use with Linux, my calendars looked like this (normal behavior) :

When run in Linux, I got this (mis)behavior :
No calendar are shown anymore !

And then back into Windows, I missed again the calendars :

My calendars contents are safe, since they are on Google, and I can still use them separately. I checked the pref.js file and all the calendar definitions are still there !
When I try to change calendar setting in TB, I can setup a new network calendar, but at the end of the creation process which is said to be successful (the Google login is OK and the calender name correctly displayed), it does not show up in the software. BUT it is recorded in the pref.js !

I can create LOCAL calendars, and delete them afterwards (but not my goal).

I must say I'm a bit stuck in there... If anyone could give me some hints please I would appreciate...

Thanks in advance,

Charly
CharlyMoz

Re: Migrating TB 91.3.2 from Windows to Linux => lost calend

Post by CharlyMoz »

Hello

I kept digging and finally got this message in the debugger (as a start, it was followed by several others of the same kind) :
NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED: Component returned failure code: 0x80520015 (NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED) [mozIStorageService.openDatabase]
Checking all files integrity under the profile folder, I ran across the .../calendar-data/cache.sqlite file that was corrupted : the OS could not handle it before I made a CHKDSK (whic brought back the size of this file to 0). Restarting Thunderbird afterward just reset the proper file and voila ! An explicit message when a file is not accessible could be an improvement...

Hope this can help others...

Charly