lost/corrupted folders

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
larrycfc

lost/corrupted folders

Post by larrycfc »

I had a folder under inbox with 3 other subfolders. They suddenly disappeared. A grayed version appeared, with a Notes folder in it, and inside that I see the missing folders. However, when I click on them, a message says there is a disc error or the path is too long. During this investigation, messages were said to be downloading from the server, but I'm having trouble accessing them and moving them back where they should be.
Larry Triplett
APTCO Inc.
DanRaisch

Re: lost/corrupted folders

Post by DanRaisch »

How is the account set up, as POP or IMAP?
In Thunderbird the menu path is Tools->Account Settings->Server Settings->Server Type at the top right of the dialogue.
larrycfc

Post by larrycfc »

IMAP
Larry Triplett
APTCO Inc.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Make sure that each of those folders/sub-folders are properly subscribed to. https://www.pcworld.com/article/468350/ ... tions.html
larrycfc

Post by larrycfc »

They are subscribed. More concerning, I opened webmail where I first noticed the subscribe option last night. There and in TB, I now see the main folder that was missing but only one of the 3 subfolders that had been there. Those folders were there for years until yesterday. So it seems the problem happened on the server, and no way to find a backup?
Larry Triplett
APTCO Inc.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You would have to contact the email provider to ask if they can restore the account from a backup and what time options might be available if they are able to do that.
larrycfc

Post by larrycfc »

No luck finding a backup, but the latest refresh showed the folders in that new notes folder, and I was able to move them back where they belong. Problem resolved!
Larry Triplett
APTCO Inc.