List of password manager

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
sjw54

List of password manager

Post by sjw54 »

Where do I find this list. I had to make changes through aol.com for my Verizon email account and I cannot send email now from that address.
Verizon addresses go through Aol and Aol required changes in order to continue to use T-bird. Someone came over to do this for me and does not know how to fix it. Nor do I. Today I have to make that same adjustment for my primary Aol.Verizon address and before the IT guy gets started, I hope to have any info we will need. I refuse to give up my T-bird even though IT people keep telling me to. I LOVE IT and it is more user friendly and so much easier !! Thank you. I hope there is a reply to this before he gets here in 4 hours.
DanRaisch

Re: List of password manager

Post by DanRaisch »

In versions before 78.x.x the menu path to view saved passwords was Tools->Options->Security->Saved Passwords button.
In newer versions, the menu path would be Tools->Preferences->Security->Saved Passwords button.
(These assume that the menu bar is displayed rather than accessing things through the three bar "hamburger" button.
sjw54

Post by sjw54 »

Thanks Dan....I am waiting for my IT guy before we start getting into things....I appreciate your timely reply.....we may be back with more questions once he arrives at 10am ET
sjw54

Post by sjw54 »

My IT friend is here right now....I cannot receive or send emails from my two verizon/t-bird addresses. We checked the list of passwords and we are using the correct ones. We keep getting pop ups - login failed...enter password...and it does not work....for both of them. Anyone there who can reply right now? Thank you.....this seems to happen a couple times a year.....
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Verizon/AOL now requires you to use a application password with a email client. Not the password you use with webmail. I suspect you need to create an application password for Thunderbird using the AOL security center web page. After you do that delete the existing password for the account in Thunderbird, exit (since the deleted password is still in memory), restart and when prompted for the password enter the application password and check the checkbox to have the password manager save it.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14916059
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

If you have a hard connection failure a perfectly good password will continue to fail until you delete it, exit, restart and enter the password again. This is a known bug. Perhaps that was what you were running into several times a year.