Where has home tab gone?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Fidcal

Where has home tab gone?

Post by Fidcal »

Stupid newbie question: Just installed Thunderbird portable and created and tested an email account. Then I thought I'd look at the other features I glimpsed in the home page/tab when I first set it up. But nowhere can I find that tab now. Is it because I selected 'email' the first time I saw that page and am not allowed to use the other features?
tanstaafl

Re: Where has home tab gone?

Post by tanstaafl »

There is a optional start page that will occur in the message pane on startup if F8 or view -> layout -> message pane is used to enable the message pane.

If you select a account name in the folder pane you will see what used to be called account central replace the folder listing. Some people call that the home page for the account. The tab normally doesn't say home though, it displays the account name. If it does say home than you probably have a corrupted session.json file in the profile. Exit Thunderbird, rename session.json to session.old and restart. It will use the default values so you may need to customize your layout again.
Fidcal

Re: Where has home tab gone?

Post by Fidcal »

Thanks, I see it now. Seems a bit odd to have options to set up for different types of account piggy-backed on an email account page, but I guess it works.