Showing Previous E-mail Message

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Dale M.

Showing Previous E-mail Message

Post by Dale M. »

When I read a new message and sometimes a old message and I CLOSE IT, t-bird insists on showing previously viewed message the I have already read an closed...
I really don't need to see previous message already read when I close current message ... How so I stop this process......
DanRaisch

Re: Showing Previous E-mail Message

Post by DanRaisch »

How are you viewing the messages, in the preview pane (below the message list pane) in a separate tab or a separate window?
Dale M.

Post by Dale M. »

Always open new email in new tab...
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

And is there an additional tab open with the previous message, or are you seeing that in the preview pane?
Dale M.

Post by Dale M. »

No previous tab is open and not using preview pane... When I close new message tab, thunderbird opens previously closed message tab...
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Does the same thing happen if you launch the application in Mozilla Trouble Shooting Mode? https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/di ... shoot-mode
Dale M.

Post by Dale M. »

Odd... After running trouble shooter it seems to work correctly, the thing is I made no changes on any parameters.... Will have to wait for "new" mail to come in to validate ....
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Dale M. wrote:Odd... After running trouble shooter it seems to work correctly, the thing is I made no changes on any parameters.... Will have to wait for "new" mail to come in to validate ....
While not definitive, that result suggests that the problem stemmed from an extension. Starting in Troubleshooting Mode (formerly called Safe Mode) and then in normal mode will often resolve issues of that kind.
Dale M.

Post by Dale M. »

Ironically not running any extensions, sort of bare bones, just rather basic install....

Any way let it go ..Decided its just a fluke of something, and I am only one with the issue.... Have decided not to pursue it any more..

Thanks for you attempts though...