email has the wrong body

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
micksulley

email has the wrong body

Post by micksulley »

I looked through my mail this morning, there are about a dozen, among them 3 from a forum and one from Neighbourhood Watch, non of which are a surprise. However when I look at them the Neighbourhood Watch mail has the contents of one of the forum mails, with the Neighbourhood Watch message body below it.

I moved the odd mail to a different folder, still the same. I moved it back to inbox and looked via the Ionos webmail page, they all look fine there. I moved it again via TB and again the contents are wrong in TB but it all is fine in webmail.

I have just stopped and restarted TB and the problem persists. I have also look on my laptop, which has the same version of TB and Mint, the mail is correct there.

Running TB 78.14.0 (64-bit) on Linux Mint 20.2

None of these mails are important so not really an issue, but I am intrigued what is happening. Any ideas?

Thanks
Mick
DanRaisch

Re: email has the wrong body

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Thunderbird Support as no specific bug has yet been identified here.

Right click on the name of the folder where you see these problem messages and select "Properties" from the context menu, then click on the "Repair folder" button. Check the messages again and see if the issue has been corrected.

How is the account set up, as POP or IMAP?
micksulley

Post by micksulley »

Yes that has fixed it. It is an IMAP account.
Thanks for your help
Mick
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You're welcome.