TBird lost password

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
burris

TBird lost password

Post by burris »

I will try one more time.
Had Tbird for my wife's account for many years and we forgot the password and have tried maybe 100 old ones with no luck.
I would almost be happy just setting up a new account only if we're able to use the same address. TBird shows her address in the database but wants the password...I have searched all over for remnants of profiles, etc. In the process of changing desktops, I suspect all got lost.

Any last-ditch effort to reclaim this would be great if possible.

Thanks in advance...
DanRaisch

Re: TBird lost password

Post by DanRaisch »

Delete the stored password in Thunderbird then close the program. Then you need to change the password on the email provider’s webmail page. Start Thunderbird and when the password is requested, enter the new value you entered on the server.
What version are you running?
burris

Post by burris »

Unfortunately, there is no PW anywhere.
I tried versions from 68 up and tried the PW suggestion many times...tells me the email is in the database but PW is not correct.
thanks
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

If you can't access that account's webmail page through a browser because you don't know the password, you should find some option on the provider's login page to indicate to them that you don't remember the password. You might be asked for your home address or phone number, or some other identifying data. It might involve them sending an SMS message to your cell phone so that you can change the password on their server. After that you can use that new password when accessing the account via Thunderbird.