User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
taem

Spellchecker broken

Post by taem »

Windows 10 on a PC
64-bit processor
Thunderbird 91.5.0 (64-bit)
<NO> Extensions installed

So, sometime last week, T.Bird stopped properly spell-checking my emails as I type them. Checking online, people said to verify your dictionary is downloaded and selected, I did that. Bug remains. T.Bird will start spell-checking the first sentence or two of an email showing red squiggly lines on misspelled words, then stops after that and will not spell-check anything past that point. What the hell? It's in every single email. Rather I restart my PC or not.

Repeatable 100% of the time: Start a new email. Write text more than a couple of sentences deep with notable spelling errors. Only the top visible row will get spell-checked while the rest of the document does not.

T.Bird spell-checker was working fine before last week. I did not install anything on my PC, but I cannot be certain if T.Bird or Windows did not auto-update sometime last week... Thank's for any help ahead of time.
taem

Re: Spellchecker broken

Post by taem »

Delete this duplicate post please. These forums are wonky as hell! Tried posting at least 6x from Firefox and it kept sending me to Login screen every time, then I tried from Edge and same freaking thing but I kept logging in and Submitting over and over and over until after maybe 10x in Edge, the post finally stuck! Now I see there are two posts, even though the one from FF never verified it was made. You guys need to do something about these forums...

EDIT: Nevermind regarding deleting this post. A moderator locked my other post. Why do I get logged out every single time I click on any link on these forums?
taem

Post by taem »

Any suggestions for this one yet? Still unresolved and pretty freaking annoying TBH. T.Bird only checks the first sentence and nothing more with spellchecker.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

I can't duplicate your problem using 91.5 under Windows 10. What locale are you using? Sometimes there are locale specific bugs. I'm using en-us (USA English).

Do you have more than one dictionary (or dictionaries for multiple locales such as UK English plus German)?

I don't know why you are running into problems with these forums but trying configuring it to keep you permanently logged in. I've seen comments in the Mozillazine Site Discussion forum that says that workarounds similar problems.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

taem

Post by taem »

"automatically log me in" worked for the forums, thank you!

I think issue may have been with the dictionary?! I reinstalled it and now it seems to work. Weird. When I clicked Download More Dictionaries, there was a Language Pack. Perhaps I was using that previously instead of the Dictionary? IDK, but whatever I did seems to work now. I'll post back if the old behavior continues and maybe we can narrow the issue down further.