[SOLVED]After moving to new computer all emails appear twice

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
grumbledook2

[SOLVED]After moving to new computer all emails appear twice

Post by grumbledook2 »

In local folders everything is fine. All preferences are as in the original. All tasks and events are fine. But in “Inbox”, “Drafts”, “Sent”, “Archives” and “Trash”, each email appears twice. Is there a known problem that can lead to this situation?

The source profile comes from TB 68.8.0. The new computer has TB 78.7.1 and I created a new profile and made it point to the copied xxxxxxxx.default folder.

This was my second attempt. Earlier, I had copied the content of the source profile over the content of the profile folder that had been created upon first run, but the result was the same, except that the one email in the “Draft” folder was appearing six times instead of two. (In-between those two attempts, I had deleted absolutely everything, using the profile manager.)

Any hint would be much appreciated.

[Edit] I had done the transfers via my NAS, which is formatted as NTFS. I suddenly remembered that NTFS messes up Linux file attributes and timestamps, so I re-did the transfer again, this time using a USB flash drive formatted as ext4 and... the problem is solved!
tanstaafl

Re: [SOLVED]After moving to new computer all emails appear t

Post by tanstaafl »

Thanks for sharing the solution.