Stop TB from Opening Composition Window When Highlighting

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
John_The_H_Man

Stop TB from Opening Composition Window When Highlighting

Post by John_The_H_Man »

Thunderbird just started a new behavior. When I highlight an email address from a message, Thunderbird automatically opens a new composition window. How do I stop this from happening?
DanRaisch

Re: Stop TB from Opening Composition Window When Highlightin

Post by DanRaisch »

How are you "highlighting" those addresses?
John_The_H_Man

Post by John_The_H_Man »

This is happening when a message is forwarded to me. To reply to the original sender of the message (not the person who forwarded the message to me), I highlight their email address with the mouse so that I can copy and paste their email address back into the message that was forwarded to me. As soon as I highlight the email address (before even using ctrl-C to copy it to the clip board), Thunderbird opens a new composition window. It's quite frustrating and it just started doing this within the last week or so.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

I can't duplicate your problem using version 91.5.0 under Windows 10. I tested with both messages sent directly to me and ones forwarded to me. I notice that "compose message to" is just above "copy email address" in the context menu when I right click on the sender . Could you be accidentally selecting the wrong entry due to mouse problems?

What version (please don't say latest as that is ambiguous) are you using?

Have you tried trying again after help -> troubleshoot mode? Perhaps one of your add-ons doesn't play nicely with the latest version.

Does this problem only occur with forwarded mail or does it also occur with mail sent directly to you?