Can not get Pop3 emails via TB (ubuntu 20.04)

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
robbyx

Re: Can not get Pop3 emails via TB (ubuntu 20.04)

Post by robbyx »

Unfortunately I do not have TB working properly:

I was getting too many old messages from 2017 on onwards, downloaded with "get all messages" so I changed the Get Messages condition in TB to only download the gmail messages. This stopped the very old messages being downloaded into TB, but I also received messages from 28 March 22 to 26 April 2022. At that point it announced there were no further messages. In fact Google gmail online is showing the receipt of messages after 26 April that are not being downloaded to TB.

To test the pop3 I sent myself a test email today. This is the only one that has been downloaded by TB since April 26.

Do you have any idea why TB has stopped downloading the messages after that 26 Apr?

Here is a summary of my Account settings.
1. Server Gmail-my gname
POP Mail Server
pop.gmail.com
Settings:
Check for new messages at startup, Auto d/l new messages, leave messages on server
2. Bulldog direct
The followinng is a special account. There are no identities associated with it.
Account name "Bulldog Direct"
Local directory: ...Mail/local Folder

3-8 Various News & blogs settings

9 Outgoing Server (SMTP) Settings
Gmail- smtp.gmail.com(Default)
Port 465
Authentication OAuth2
SSL/TLS
Robin
robbyx

Re: Can not get Pop3 emails via TB (ubuntu 20.04)

Post by robbyx »

I have gone back to downloading all the messages. It is a long job. I have one more year of messages to go. Currently I have downloaded 36500 messages starting from 2017. Surely there is a less time consuming way to reset the message database . Fortunately I download the messages automatically, in batches of approx 270, but the operation has taken the whole day. .
Robin