zoho imap folder not updated

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
gunterzielke

zoho imap folder not updated

Post by gunterzielke »

Hi,
I just started to use a Zoho account with TB. In Zoho I sort incoming mail into different folders and these folders show up in TB. So far so good, but if new email arrives in Zoho and is moved into one of those folders, TB does not show the new mail indication. Only after I explicitly select the folder, then I see the new messages in bold.
This seems not quite consistent because a few times I have seen the indication in the Zoho imap folders that new mail has arrived.
Any idea what might cause this?
Cheers,
Gunter
tanstaafl

Re: zoho imap folder not updated

Post by tanstaafl »

You need to right click on the folder in the folder pane, select properties in the context menu and then place a checkmark by "when getting new messages for this account always check this folder".

I no longer have my Zoho IMAP account but that worked for me and continues to work with my other IMAP accounts. I believe it adds an overhead of an additional tcp-ip connection per folder so you might need to update the limit in the advanced section of the accounts server settings if you add more than a couple of folders. It defaults to 5.
gunterzielke

Re: zoho imap folder not updated

Post by gunterzielke »

wow - I would have never found that without your input - thanks a lot. Cheers, Gunter