I have lost syncronization in several accounts

Post by laudilus »

Three account from gmail
one account from hotmail.
I have many more.
The messages are :

Login to account "......@gmail.com" failed
and
Login to server imap.gmail.com with username ..........@gmail.com failed.
or
Login to server imap-mail.outlook.com with username ...................@hotmail.es failed.

How can i solve this ?
It's very frustrating.
Besides only happen in four accounts.
tanstaafl

Re: I have lost syncronization in several accounts

Post by tanstaafl »

Gmail has problems with its servers in about a dozen metro regions in the USA and a few overseas locations.

If you get a hard connection failure there is a bug in Thunderbird where the login will continue to fail no matter how many times you try it. The workaround is to delete the saved passwords and tokens for those accounts, exit (since the deleted items are still in memory) and restart.

Make certain the Gmail account AND its smtp server use OAuth2 for authentication."normal password" is no longer supported. You could use a application specific password if you enable 2 step verification instead, but I don't recommend it.
laudilus

Post by laudilus »

tanstaafl wrote:Gmail has problems with its servers in about a dozen metro regions in the USA and a few overseas locations.

If you get a hard connection failure there is a bug in Thunderbird where the login will continue to fail no matter how many times you try it. The workaround is to delete the saved passwords and tokens for those accounts, exit (since the deleted items are still in memory) and restart.

Make certain the Gmail account AND its smtp server use OAuth2 for authentication."normal password" is no longer supported. You could use a application specific password if you enable 2 step verification instead, but I don't recommend it.
That explain gmail accounts, but what about hotmail ?

I don't like 2 step verification because I have many accounts and prefer stay simple.
](*,)

Can you tell me the exact procedure I must follow to activate the accounts again ?

1) How can I delete the saved passwords and tokens ?
2) exit is close thunderbird ?
3) restart my device or pc ! or restart TB ?
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Nope. But see http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14930533 if my answers below don't help.

1) tools -> preferences -> privacy & security -> saved passwords

2) Yes.

3) Restart Thunderbird.
laudilus

Post by laudilus »

tanstaafl wrote:Nope. But see http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14930533 if my answers below don't help.

2) Yes.

3) Restart Thunderbird.
Running to try !
laudilus

Post by laudilus »

laudilus wrote:
tanstaafl wrote:Nope. But see http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14930533 if my answers below don't help.

2) Yes.

3) Restart Thunderbird.
Running to try !
I interpret YES as delete save password of th conflictive accounts.

Don't give me result.
I don't trust the post you reference because is not clear.
Best Regards
laudilus

Post by laudilus »

After delete the conflictive accounts i begin to have problems with many hotmail accounts.
And remaining the gmail accounts too.
A nightmare.

I think this is a problem for programmers
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

I suggested deleting the saved passwords, not the accounts.

Your outlook.com account should still use "normal password" as the authentication method. Whatever problems you are having with it sound like a support problem, not a bug. It is tough to help you without details such as the exact text of error messages etc.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/au ... ts-oauth20

If you want to file a bug report you can file one at https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/home . If you do so please post a link to it. However, keep in mind that bug reports are frequently closed with "works for me" if they can't duplicate it and it seems like a support issue (not a bug).
laudilus

Post by laudilus »

But my problem continues after delete the password of the conflictive accounts and enter again. I don't know what to do know.
Specially a short repair measure.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

You could start by describing the symptoms, including the full text of any error messages (if it mentions a email address replace the username part with something generic). All you've said is "begin to have problems with many hotmail accounts". I'm not a mind reader :)
laudilus

Post by laudilus »

tanstaafl wrote:You could start by describing the symptoms, including the full text of any error messages (if it mentions a email address replace the username part with something generic). All you've said is "begin to have problems with many hotmail accounts". I'm not a mind reader :)
I'll try my very best in the next days.
but the messages I received are the aboved posted already.
No other symptoms
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

So you're back to the original problem then?

I got the impression by "begin to have problems with many hotmail accounts" that things has changed. Especially since you had only mentioned one hotmail account originally.
laudilus

Post by laudilus »

tanstaafl wrote:So you're back to the original problem then?

I got the impression by "begin to have problems with many hotmail accounts" that things has changed. Especially since you had only mentioned one hotmail account originally.
You are right. But I close and obtain after the same starting situation.
Sometimes yes sometimes no
seems a rara avis situation
I think is better wait for a new tb version
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

You could try the beta version of 102. Its available at https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/get-involved/ (scroll down to end)

I've been testing it and it works well (though I haven't had a chance to test BL5 much yet).
laudilus

Post by laudilus »

tanstaafl wrote:You could try the beta version of 102. Its available at https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/get-involved/ (scroll down to end)

I've been testing it and it works well (though I haven't had a chance to test BL5 much yet).
I am running a portable version and update with that.
I don't know how to update a portable tb version.
Best Regards