previousAppVersion="52.7.0"
statusText="Install Pending"
foregroundDownload="true">
<patch
type="complete"
URL="http://download.mozilla.org/?product=th ... lang=en-US"
finalURL="https://download-installer.cdn.mozilla. ... mplete.mar"
hashFunction="sha512"
hashValue="d272e758e33480c2a3181eed9b3ac76e00fc86a1056bdac6a834f7ace175afdf4f5c34762e0998ae3457789e47a3f7a19e0b8756173a23e43145082d0685a8ed"
size="50473047"
selected="true"
state="failed"
progress="100"
status="A few seconds remaining — 48,1 of 48,1 MB (3,7 MB/sec)"/>
</update>
</updates>

Hmmm... any clues there? What about
state="failed"
progress="100"
What does "100" mean? Is that 100%?
tanstaafl

Re: Discovered pref.js errors while trying to get OAuth2 to

Post by tanstaafl »

"I'm guessing that, in a 'usual' installation, my profile would be here: '/home/mark/.thunderbird/'
Is that correct?"

Yes.

Under WSL2 my profile is at /home/eric/.thunderbird/6iiirfaf.default-release . I'm using a modified Ubuntu distro package, not a Mozilla build. I believe you're using a package from Linux Mint so it would follow the same convention. That's also consistent with what AskUbuntu etc. states (its in .thunderbird)

https://www.lifewire.com/thunderbird-pr ... ry-1173093 claims "In a Linux system, Profile folders are located in ~/.thunderbird//. However, if you use a third-party build from Debian or Ubuntu, those builds store your profile folder in ~/.mozilla-thunderbird." That agrees with http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Thunderbird . That sounds backwards. I'd have to install a Mozilla Linux build to confirm.
markfilipak

Post by markfilipak »

Off topic:
I've discovered/stumbled across this:
https://github.com/srevinsaju/Thunderbi ... 9.AppImage
So, in '/media/mark/TBird Linux', I now have this:

Code: Select all

-rw-r--r-- 1 mark     5020 Dec 31  1969 org.mozilla.Thunderbird.png
-rwxrwx--- 1 mark 82097344 Jun 22 16:28 Thunderbird-91.10_20220525135609.AppImage
It works as well as an installed version works (meaning: UI changes don't survive restarts).

Do you have any opinions on appimages?
markfilipak

Post by markfilipak »

tanstaafl wrote:... However, if you use a third-party build from Debian or Ubuntu, those builds store your profile folder in ~/.mozilla-thunderbird." ...
Well, Linux Mint 18.3 doesn't have a '/home/mark/.mozilla-thunderbird' folder, just a '/home/mark/.thunderbird' folder, so go figure.
markfilipak

Post by markfilipak »

Off topic:
Now, understand that I don't know how appimages work vis-a-vis settings, but I am passing profile-path to it:
'/media/mark/TBird\ Linux/Thunderbird-91.10_20220525135609.AppImage --profile /media/sf_email/0ysydkep.default'
and it seems to work, at least for sending/receiving email.
markfilipak

Post by markfilipak »

TBird 91 works. It sends and receives email and saves it in a maildir. But TBird 91 doesn't save Oauth2 tokens or UI changes -- they don't survive restarting TBird.

This cannot be a permissions problem with the Win7 host or Linux Mint or between them as that would affect the maildir (which is successfully read and written). Besides that, I've checked. In Linux Mint, 'mark', in group 'vboxsf' owns everything, and in Win7, 'Everyone' owns everything, and nothing else, such as copying files between them via shared folders, indicates any permissions problems.

I suspect that some part of TBird versions after v.52 assume a more usual configuration: TBird distribution files spewed all over the Linux file system and profile in '~/.thunderbird/' -- probably the later -- which causes failures, which are then silently dismissed. Log files recording the failures are unknown to me and searching for them by file datetime seems to be beyond Linux Mint's capabilities, or at least beyond the capabilities of Nemo (the file browser).
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

markfilipak wrote:Off topic:
I've discovered/stumbled across this:
https://github.com/srevinsaju/Thunderbi ... 9.AppImage
So, in '/media/mark/TBird Linux', I now have this:

-rw-r--r-- 1 mark     5020 Dec 31  1969 org.mozilla.Thunderbird.png
-rwxrwx--- 1 mark 82097344 Jun 22 16:28 Thunderbird-91.10_20220525135609.AppImage
It works as well as an installed version works (meaning: UI changes don't survive restarts).

Do you have any opinions on appimages?
I never heard of them before. I found https://appimage.github.io/Thunderbird/ . It seems like a Linux equivalent of Portable Thunderbird . Portable Thunderbird provides a executable and uses a dedicated location of a profile (no use of profilse.ini). Its designed for roving users (as it installs nothing) but can be run from a hard disk. The PortableApps web site has portable versions of other applications.

Thunderbird-91.10_20220525135609.AppImage was created 10 hours ago. That is a long delay since Thunderbird 91.10.0 was released May 31, 2022. The Portable Apps version was available 2022-06-07.
markfilipak

Post by markfilipak »

tanstaafl wrote:
markfilipak wrote:... Do you have any opinions on appimages?
I never heard of them before.
I also never heard of them before. I don't know the details regarding profiles & 'profiles.ini' -- I'm passing the profile '/path/name' to it explicitely.
I found https://appimage.github.io/Thunderbird/ . It seems like a Linux equivalent of Portable Thunderbird . ...
Are Windows portable applications single files that are archived or are they a collection of individual files (perhaps in a containing folder)? The Linux appimages are single (archive) files. The TBird appimage takes an additional 4 or 5 seconds to start up, but otherwise is indistinguishable from an installed version. I assume that whatever internal changes happen when running the appimage gets written to the profile (which is not part of the appimage). Otherwise, on close, the archive would need to be rebuilt to include the changes, but I don't think that happens.
markfilipak

Post by markfilipak »

The appimage seems like a huge improvement for Linux.

It's my opinion (based somewhat on discussions of Linux and, before Linux, of Minux) that the UX file system was never meant to be exposed to userland but was meant to be exposed, raw, only to system engineers and developers. It was meant to be -- scatter-gather -- presented to userland as a gathered, application-specific file system image, only when users need to interact with the file system as a storage device. Linux failed to achieve that file system abstraction and continues to show the raw file system to users to this day ... and worse: expects userland to understand (and appreciate) the raw file system (which, IMHO, is absurd).
markfilipak

Post by markfilipak »

UPDATE

I installed the latest Linux Mint (version 20.3) and TBird version 91.5.1 (64-bit) -- not the appimage discussed above. There is no inprovement. UI changes and Oauth2 tokens do not survive restart.
markfilipak

Post by markfilipak »

UPDATE

I installed TBird version 91.9.1 (64-bit) into the VM, not as a mounted vdisk. It is the most vanilla configuration I can imagine. Only my profile is external to Linux Mint -- it is in a shared folder: /media/sf_email/0ysydkep.default. There is no improvement. Reading and writing email works, but UI changes and Oauth2 tokens do not survive restart.

The VM is totally new and contains the latest Linux Mint. TBird is installed in the usual place:

mark@mark-VirtualBox:~$ which thunderbird
/usr/bin/thunderbird
Still UI changes and Oauth2 tokens do not survive TBird restarts. I'm in dispair.
Last edited by markfilipak on June 25th, 2022, 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
markfilipak

Post by markfilipak »

Are there ANY logs that could help with this problem?

Here is the "Troubleshooting Information":

Application Basics

Name: Thunderbird
Version: 91.9.1
Build ID: 20220520005021
Distribution ID:
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/91.0 Thunderbird/91.9.1
OS: Linux 5.4.0-121-generic #137-Ubuntu SMP Wed Jun 15 13:33:07 UTC 2022

Multiprocess Windows: 0/0
Fission Windows: 0/0
Disabled by default
Remote Processes: 2
Enterprise Policies: Inactive
Google Location Service Key: Missing
Google Safebrowsing Key: Missing
Mozilla Location Service Key: Missing
Safe Mode: false

Mail and News Accounts
account1:
INCOMING: account1, , (none) Local Folders, 0, 3

account94:
INCOMING: account94, , (pop3) pop.gmail.com:995, 3, 10
OUTGOING: , mail.twc.com:587, 2, 3, true

account95:
INCOMING: account95, , (pop3) pop.gmail.com:995, 3, 10

account96:
INCOMING: account96, , (pop3) pop.gmail.com:995, 3, 10

account97:
INCOMING: account97, , (pop3) pop.gmail.com:995, 3, 10

account98:
INCOMING: account98, , (pop3) pop.gmail.com:995, 3, 10

account99:
INCOMING: account99, , (pop3) pop.gmail.com:995, 3, 10
OUTGOING: , mail.twc.com:587, 2, 3, false

account100:
INCOMING: account100, , (pop3) pop.gmail.com:995, 3, 10

account101:
INCOMING: account101, , (pop3) pop.gmail.com:995, 3, 10

account104:
INCOMING: account104, , (pop3) pop.gmail.com:995, 3, 10

account105:
INCOMING: account105, , (pop3) pop.gmail.com:995, 3, 10

account106:
INCOMING: account106, , (pop3) pop.gmail.com:995, 3, 10

account107:
INCOMING: account107, , (pop3) pop.gmail.com:995, 3, 10

account108:
INCOMING: account108, , (pop3) pop.gmail.com:995, 3, 10

account109:
INCOMING: account109, , (pop3) pop.gmail.com:995, 3, 10

account110:
INCOMING: account110, , (pop3) mail.twc.com:995, 3, 3

account111:
INCOMING: account111, , (pop3) pop.gmail.com:995, 3, 10

account112:
INCOMING: account112, , (pop3) pop.gmail.com:995, 3, 10

account113:
INCOMING: account113, , (pop3) pop.gmail.com:995, 3, 10

account114:
INCOMING: account114, , (pop3) pop.gmail.com:995, 3, 10

account115:
INCOMING: account115, , (pop3) pop.gmail.com:995, 3, 10

account117:
INCOMING: account117, , (pop3) pop.gmail.com:995, 3, 10

account119:
INCOMING: account119, , (pop3) pop.gmail.com:995, 3, 10

account120:
INCOMING: account120, , (pop3) pop.gmail.com:995, 3, 10

account121:
INCOMING: account121, , (pop3) pop.gmail.com:995, 3, 10

Calendar Settings

Home

Name
Value

Name:
Type: storage
Disabled:
Username:
URI:
Refresh Interval:
Read-only:
Suppress Alarms:
Cache Enabled:
iMIP Identity: id25
iMIP Disabled:
iMIP Account:
Organizer Id:
Force Email Scheduling:
Popup Alarms Supported:
Alarms on Invitation Supported:
Max Alarms Per Event:
Attachment Supported:
Max Categories:
Privacy State Supported:
Priority Supported: true
Event Supported:
Task Supported:
Local Time Supported:
UTC/GMT Supported:
Auto-Scheduling Supported:

Crash Reports for the Last 3 Days

Remote Processes

Type: Count

Web Content: 1 / 8
Extension: 1

Add-ons

Name
Type
Version
Enabled
ID

Amazon.com
extension
true
amazondotcom@search.mozilla.org

Bing
extension
true
bing@search.mozilla.org

DuckDuckGo
extension
true
ddg@search.mozilla.org

Google
extension
true
google@search.mozilla.org

Manually sort folders
extension
true
tbsortfolders@xulforum.org

Wikipedia (en)
extension
true
wikipedia@search.mozilla.org

Security Software

Type: Name

Antivirus:
Antispyware:
Firewall:

Graphics

Features
Compositing: WebRender (Software)
Asynchronous Pan/Zoom: wheel input enabled; scrollbar drag enabled; keyboard enabled; autoscroll enabled; smooth pinch-zoom enabled
WebGL 1 Driver WSI Info: GLX 1.4
GLX_VENDOR(client): Mesa Project and SGI
GLX_VENDOR(server): SGI
Extensions: GLX_ARB_create_context GLX_ARB_create_context_no_error GLX_ARB_create_context_profile GLX_ARB_fbconfig_float GLX_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GLX_ARB_get_proc_address GLX_ARB_multisample GLX_EXT_buffer_age GLX_EXT_create_context_es2_profile GLX_EXT_create_context_es_profile GLX_EXT_fbconfig_packed_float GLX_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB GLX_EXT_import_context GLX_EXT_no_config_context GLX_EXT_swap_control GLX_EXT_swap_control_tear GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap GLX_EXT_visual_info GLX_EXT_visual_rating GLX_MESA_copy_sub_buffer GLX_MESA_query_renderer GLX_MESA_swap_control GLX_OML_swap_method GLX_OML_sync_control GLX_SGIS_multisample GLX_SGIX_fbconfig GLX_SGIX_pbuffer GLX_SGIX_visual_select_group GLX_SGI_make_current_read GLX_SGI_video_sync
IsWebglOutOfProcessEnabled: 0
WebGL 1 Driver Renderer: VMware, Inc. -- SVGA3D; build: RELEASE; LLVM;
WebGL 1 Driver Version: 2.1 Mesa 21.2.6
WebGL 1 Driver Extensions: GL_ARB_multisample GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_copy_texture GL_EXT_subtexture GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_texture GL_EXT_texture3D GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_point_parameters GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_texture_border_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_ARB_multitexture GL_IBM_multimode_draw_arrays GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_INGR_blend_func_separate GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_light_max_exponent GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_NV_texture_env_combine4 GL_S3_s3tc GL_SUN_multi_draw_arrays GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_EXT_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_MESA_window_pos GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil GL_NV_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_window_pos GL_ATI_fragment_shader GL_EXT_stencil_two_side GL_EXT_texture_cube_map GL_NV_fog_distance GL_NV_half_float GL_APPLE_packed_pixels GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ATI_draw_buffers GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3 GL_ATI_texture_float GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_MESA_pack_invert GL_NV_primitive_restart GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_occlusion_query2 GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_shading_language_100 GL_ARB_sync GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ATI_blend_equation_separate GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_OES_read_format GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_texture_float GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_EXT_texture_rectangle GL_EXT_texture_sRGB GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil GL_ARB_vertex_array_object GL_ATI_separate_stencil GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode GL_OES_EGL_image GL_ARB_copy_buffer GL_ARB_half_float_vertex GL_ARB_map_buffer_range GL_ARB_texture_swizzle GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra GL_EXT_texture_swizzle GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility GL_ARB_debug_output GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions GL_ARB_provoking_vertex GL_ARB_sampler_objects GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod GL_EXT_provoking_vertex GL_NV_copy_image GL_ARB_get_program_binary GL_ARB_robustness GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects GL_EXT_direct_state_access GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt3 GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt5 GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storage GL_ARB_internalformat_query GL_ARB_map_buffer_alignment GL_ARB_texture_storage GL_AMD_shader_trinary_minmax GL_ARB_clear_buffer_object GL_ARB_explicit_uniform_location GL_ARB_invalidate_subdata GL_ARB_program_interface_query GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_binding GL_KHR_debug GL_ARB_internalformat_query2 GL_ARB_multi_bind GL_ARB_shading_language_include GL_ARB_get_texture_sub_image GL_KHR_context_flush_control GL_ARB_parallel_shader_compile GL_KHR_no_error GL_ARB_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_KHR_parallel_shader_compile GL_EXT_EGL_image_storage GL_EXT_EGL_sync
WebGL 1 Extensions: EXT_blend_minmax EXT_color_buffer_half_float EXT_frag_depth EXT_shader_texture_lod EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic MOZ_debug OES_element_index_uint OES_fbo_render_mipmap OES_standard_derivatives OES_texture_float OES_texture_float_linear OES_texture_half_float OES_texture_half_float_linear OES_vertex_array_object WEBGL_color_buffer_float WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc_srgb WEBGL_debug_renderer_info WEBGL_debug_shaders WEBGL_depth_texture WEBGL_draw_buffers WEBGL_lose_context
WebGL 2 Driver WSI Info: -
WebGL 2 Driver Renderer: WebGL creation failed:
* tryNativeGL ()
* Exhausted GL driver options. (FEATURE_FAILURE_WEBGL_EXHAUSTED_DRIVERS)
WebGL 2 Driver Version: -
WebGL 2 Driver Extensions: -
WebGL 2 Extensions: -
Window Protocol: x11
Desktop Environment: xfce
Target Frame Rate: 60

GPU #1
Active: Yes
Description: SVGA3D; build: RELEASE; LLVM;
Vendor ID: 0x15ad
Device ID: 0x0405
Driver Vendor: mesa/vmwgfx
Driver Version: 21.2.6.0
RAM: 0

GPU #2

Diagnostics
AzureCanvasBackend: skia
AzureContentBackend: skia
AzureFallbackCanvasBackend: skia
CairoUseXRender: 0
CMSOutputProfile: Empty profile data
Display0: 1366x682 default
DisplayCount: 1

Decision Log
HW_COMPOSITING: available by defaultblocked by env: Acceleration blocked by platform
OPENGL_COMPOSITING: unavailable by default: Hardware compositing is disabled
WEBRENDER: available by defaultdisabled by env: Not qualified
WEBRENDER_QUALIFIED: available by defaultdenied by env: Not on allowlist
WEBRENDER_COMPOSITOR: disabled by default: Disabled by defaultblocklisted by env: Blocklisted by gfxInfo
WEBRENDER_PARTIAL: available by default
WEBRENDER_SHADER_CACHE: disabled by default: Disabled by defaultunavailable by runtime: WebRender disabled
WEBRENDER_OPTIMIZED_SHADERS: available by defaultunavailable by runtime: WebRender disabled
WEBRENDER_ANGLE: available by defaultunavailable by env: OS not supported
WEBRENDER_DCOMP_PRESENT: available by defaultdisabled by user: User disabled via prefunavailable by env: Requires Windows 10 or laterunavailable by runtime: Requires ANGLE
WEBRENDER_SOFTWARE: available by default
OMTP: disabled by default: Disabled by defaultbroken by runtime: OMTP is not supported with <= 2 cores
WEBGPU: disabled by default: Disabled by defaultblocked by runtime: WebGPU can only be enabled in nightly
X11_EGL: available by defaultblocklisted by env: Blocklisted by gfxInfo
DMABUF: available by defaultunavailable by runtime: Requires EGL

Crash Guard Disabled Features

Workarounds

Failure Log

Media

Audio Backend: pulse-rust
Max Channels: 2
Preferred Sample Rate: 48000
Roundtrip latency (standard deviation): 204.02ms (10.93)

Output Devices

Name
Group
Vendor
State
Preferred
Format
Channels
Rate
Latency

Built-in Audio Analog Stereo
/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:05.0/sound/card0
Intel Corporation
Enabled
All
default: S16LE, support: S16LE S16BE F32LE F32BE
default: 48000, support: 1 - 384000
0 - 0

Input Devices

Name
Group
Vendor
State
Preferred
Format
Channels
Rate
Latency

Monitor of Built-in Audio Analog Stereo
Intel Corporation
Enabled
None
default: 48000, support: 1 - 384000
0 - 0

Built-in Audio Analog Stereo
Intel Corporation
Enabled
All
default: 44100, support: 1 - 384000
0 - 0

Media Capabilities

Enumerate database

Environment Variables

DISPLAY: :0.0
MOZ_APP_LAUNCHER: /usr/bin/thunderbird
MOZ_ASSUME_USER_NS: 1
MOZ_CRASHREPORTER_EVENTS_DIRECTORY: /media/sf_email/0ysydkep.default/crashes/events
MOZ_CRASHREPORTER_RESTART_ARG_0: /usr/bin/thunderbird
MOZ_CRASHREPORTER_RESTART_ARG_1: -profile
MOZ_CRASHREPORTER_RESTART_ARG_2: /media/sf_email/0ysydkep.default
MOZ_CRASHREPORTER_RESTART_ARG_3:
MOZ_CRASHREPORTER_DATA_DIRECTORY: /home/mark/.thunderbird/Crash Reports
MOZ_CRASHREPORTER_PING_DIRECTORY: /home/mark/.thunderbird/Pending Pings
MOZ_CRASHREPORTER_STRINGS_OVERRIDE: /usr/lib/thunderbird/crashreporter-override.ini
MOZ_LAUNCHED_CHILD:
XRE_PROFILE_PATH:
XRE_PROFILE_LOCAL_PATH:
XRE_START_OFFLINE:
XRE_BINARY_PATH:
XRE_RESTARTED_BY_PROFILE_MANAGER:

Important Modified Preferences

accessibility.typeaheadfind.flashBar: 0
browser.cache.disk.amount_written: 0
browser.cache.disk.capacity: 0
browser.cache.disk.filesystem_reported: 1
browser.cache.disk.hashstats_reported: 1
browser.cache.disk.smart_size_cached_value: 358400
browser.cache.disk.smart_size.enabled: false
browser.cache.disk.smart_size.first_run: false
browser.cache.disk.smart_size.use_old_max: false
browser.display.auto_quality_min_font_size: 14
browser.display.use_document_fonts: 14
browser.fixup.alternate.enabled: false
browser.search.region: US
extensions.lastAppVersion: 91.9.1
font.internaluseonly.changed: false
font.language.group: x-unicode
font.minimum-size.x-unicode: 14
font.minimum-size.x-western: 14
font.name.monospace.el: Consolas
font.name.monospace.x-cyrillic: Consolas
font.name.monospace.x-unicode: DejaVu Sans Mono
font.name.sans-serif.el: Calibri
font.name.sans-serif.x-cyrillic: Calibri
font.name.sans-serif.x-unicode: DejaVu Sans Mono
font.name.serif.el: Cambria
font.name.serif.x-cyrillic: Cambria
font.name.serif.x-unicode: DejaVu Serif
font.name.serif.x-western: Lucida Console
font.size.fixed.el: 11
font.size.fixed.x-cyrillic: 11
font.size.fixed.x-unicode: 14
font.size.fixed.x-western: 14
font.size.variable.el: 11
font.size.variable.x-cyrillic: 11
font.size.variable.x-unicode: 14
font.size.variable.x-western: 14
general.useragent.compatMode.firefox: true
gfx.blacklist.suggested-driver-version: 257.21
gfx.crash-guard.d3d11layers.appVersion: 60.3.0
gfx.crash-guard.d3d11layers.deviceID: 0x191b
gfx.crash-guard.d3d11layers.driverVersion: 20.19.15.4352
gfx.crash-guard.d3d11layers.feature-d2d: false
gfx.crash-guard.d3d11layers.feature-d3d11: true
gfx.crash-guard.status.d3d11layers: 2
idle.lastDailyNotification: 1656008234
media.gmp.storage.version.observed: 1
media.video-queue.default-size: 14
network.cookie.cookieBehavior: 1
network.cookie.prefsMigrated: true
network.predictor.cleaned-up: true
network.protocol-handler.app.http: /usr/bin/palemoon
network.protocol-handler.warn-external.file: true
network.protocol-handler.warn-external.http: true
network.protocol-handler.warn-external.https: true
network.trr.blocklist_cleanup_done: true
places.database.lastMaintenance: 1656008235
places.history.enabled: false
places.history.expiration.transient_current_max_pages: 104858
places.history.expiration.transient_optimal_database_size: 85818408
plugin.disable_full_page_plugin_for_types: application/pdf
plugin.importedState: true
plugin.state.flash: 0
plugin.state.libxplayer-cone-plugin: 2
plugin.state.npctrl: 0
plugin.state.npdrmv: 0
plugin.state.npdsplay: 0
plugin.state.npgoogleupdate: 0
plugin.state.npwmsdrm: 0
privacy.purge_trackers.date_in_cookie_database: 0
privacy.purge_trackers.last_purge: 1656008234870
security.disable_button.openCertManager: false
security.disable_button.openDeviceManager: false
security.sandbox.plugin.tempDirSuffix: 716cea43-c556-4e40-a4aa-9adcb8278c19
signon.importedFromSqlite: true
storage.vacuum.last.index: 1
storage.vacuum.last.places.sqlite: 1653531131
ui.osk.debug.keyboardDisplayReason: IKPOS: Touch screen not found.

Important Locked Preferences

fission.autostart.session: false

Places Database

Accessibility

Activated: false
Prevent Accessibility: 0

Library Versions

Expected minimum version
Version in use

NSPR

NSS

NSSSMIME

NSSSSL

NSSUTIL

Sandbox

Seccomp-BPF (System Call Filtering): true
Seccomp Thread Synchronization: true
User Namespaces: true
Content Process Sandboxing: true
Media Plugin Sandboxing: true
Content Process Sandbox Level: 0
Effective Content Process Sandbox Level: 0
Win32k Lockdown State for Content Process: Win32k Lockdown disabled -- Operating system not supported

Rejected System Calls

#
Seconds Ago
PID
TID
Process Type
Syscall
Arguments

Startup Cache

Disk Cache Path: /media/sf_email/0ysydkep.default/startupCache/startupCache.8.little
Ignore Disk Cache: false
Found Disk Cache on Init: false
Wrote to Disk Cache: false

Internationalization & Localization

Application Settings
Requested Locales: ["en-US"]
Available Locales: ["en-US"]
App Locales: ["en-US"]
Regional Preferences: ["en-US"]
Default Locale: "en-US"

Operating System
System Locales: ["en-US"]
Regional Preferences: ["en-US"]

Remote Debugging (Chromium Protocol)

Accepting Connections: false
URL:

Printing

Modified print settings

print_printer: Print to File
print.print_bgcolor: false
print.print_bgimages: false
print.print_colorspace: default
print.print_downloadfonts: false
print.print_duplex: 0
print.print_evenpages: true
print.print_margin_bottom: 0.5
print.print_margin_left: 0.5
print.print_margin_right: 0.5
print.print_margin_top: 0.5
print.print_oddpages: true
print.print_orientation: 0
print.print_page_delay: 50
print.print_paper_data: 0
print.print_paper_height: 279.40
print.print_paper_name: na_letter
print.print_paper_size_type: 1
print.print_paper_size_unit: 1
print.print_paper_width: 215.90
print.print_plex_name: default
print.print_resolution_name: default
print.print_scaling: 0.80
print.print_shrink_to_fit: true
print.print_to_file: false
print.print_unwriteable_margin_bottom: 56
print.print_unwriteable_margin_left: 25
print.print_unwriteable_margin_right: 25
print.print_unwriteable_margin_top: 25
print.printer_CutePDF_Writer.print_bgcolor: false
print.printer_CutePDF_Writer.print_bgimages: false
print.printer_CutePDF_Writer.print_colorspace:
print.printer_CutePDF_Writer.print_command:
print.printer_CutePDF_Writer.print_downloadfonts: false
print.printer_CutePDF_Writer.print_duplex: 0
print.printer_CutePDF_Writer.print_edge_bottom: 0
print.printer_CutePDF_Writer.print_edge_left: 0
print.printer_CutePDF_Writer.print_edge_right: 0
print.printer_CutePDF_Writer.print_edge_top: 0
print.printer_CutePDF_Writer.print_evenpages: true
print.printer_CutePDF_Writer.print_footercenter:
print.printer_CutePDF_Writer.print_footerleft:
print.printer_CutePDF_Writer.print_footerright:
print.printer_CutePDF_Writer.print_headercenter:
print.printer_CutePDF_Writer.print_headerleft:
print.printer_CutePDF_Writer.print_headerright:
print.printer_CutePDF_Writer.print_in_color: true
print.printer_CutePDF_Writer.print_margin_bottom: 0.100000001490116
print.printer_CutePDF_Writer.print_margin_left: 0.100000001490116
print.printer_CutePDF_Writer.print_margin_right: 0.100000001490116
print.printer_CutePDF_Writer.print_margin_top: 0.100000001490116
print.printer_CutePDF_Writer.print_oddpages: true
print.printer_CutePDF_Writer.print_orientation: 0
print.printer_CutePDF_Writer.print_page_delay: 50
print.printer_CutePDF_Writer.print_paper_data: 1
print.printer_CutePDF_Writer.print_paper_height: 11.00
print.printer_CutePDF_Writer.print_paper_name:
print.printer_CutePDF_Writer.print_paper_size_type: 0
print.printer_CutePDF_Writer.print_paper_size_unit: 0
print.printer_CutePDF_Writer.print_paper_width: 8.50
print.printer_CutePDF_Writer.print_plex_name:
print.printer_CutePDF_Writer.print_resolution: 0
print.printer_CutePDF_Writer.print_resolution_name:
print.printer_CutePDF_Writer.print_reversed: false
print.printer_CutePDF_Writer.print_scaling: 1.20
print.printer_CutePDF_Writer.print_shrink_to_fit: true
print.printer_CutePDF_Writer.print_to_file: false
print.printer_CutePDF_Writer.print_unwriteable_margin_bottom: 0
print.printer_CutePDF_Writer.print_unwriteable_margin_left: 0
print.printer_CutePDF_Writer.print_unwriteable_margin_right: 0
print.printer_CutePDF_Writer.print_unwriteable_margin_top: 0
print.printer_Generic_/_Text_Only.print_bgcolor: false
print.printer_Generic_/_Text_Only.print_bgimages: false
print.printer_Generic_/_Text_Only.print_evenpages: true
print.printer_Generic_/_Text_Only.print_footercenter:
print.printer_Generic_/_Text_Only.print_footerleft:
print.printer_Generic_/_Text_Only.print_footerright:
print.printer_Generic_/_Text_Only.print_headercenter:
print.printer_Generic_/_Text_Only.print_headerleft:
print.printer_Generic_/_Text_Only.print_headerright: &U
print.printer_Generic_/_Text_Only.print_in_color: true
print.printer_Generic_/_Text_Only.print_margin_bottom: 0.100000001490116
print.printer_Generic_/_Text_Only.print_margin_left: 0.100000001490116
print.printer_Generic_/_Text_Only.print_margin_right: 0.100000001490116
print.printer_Generic_/_Text_Only.print_margin_top: 0.100000001490116
print.printer_Generic_/_Text_Only.print_oddpages: true
print.printer_Generic_/_Text_Only.print_orientation: 0
print.printer_Generic_/_Text_Only.print_reversed: false
print.printer_Generic_/_Text_Only.print_scaling: 1.00
print.printer_Generic_/_Text_Only.print_shrink_to_fit: false
print.printer_Lexmark_2600_Series.print_bgcolor: false
print.printer_Lexmark_2600_Series.print_bgimages: false
print.printer_Lexmark_2600_Series.print_colorspace:
print.printer_Lexmark_2600_Series.print_command:
print.printer_Lexmark_2600_Series.print_downloadfonts: false
print.printer_Lexmark_2600_Series.print_duplex: 0
print.printer_Lexmark_2600_Series.print_edge_bottom: 0
print.printer_Lexmark_2600_Series.print_edge_left: 0
print.printer_Lexmark_2600_Series.print_edge_right: 0
print.printer_Lexmark_2600_Series.print_edge_top: 0
print.printer_Lexmark_2600_Series.print_evenpages: true
print.printer_Lexmark_2600_Series.print_footercenter:
print.printer_Lexmark_2600_Series.print_footerleft:
print.printer_Lexmark_2600_Series.print_footerright:
print.printer_Lexmark_2600_Series.print_headercenter:
print.printer_Lexmark_2600_Series.print_headerleft:
print.printer_Lexmark_2600_Series.print_headerright:
print.printer_Lexmark_2600_Series.print_in_color: true
print.printer_Lexmark_2600_Series.print_margin_bottom: 0.100000001490116
print.printer_Lexmark_2600_Series.print_margin_left: 0.100000001490116
print.printer_Lexmark_2600_Series.print_margin_right: 0.100000001490116
print.printer_Lexmark_2600_Series.print_margin_top: 0.100000001490116
print.printer_Lexmark_2600_Series.print_oddpages: true
print.printer_Lexmark_2600_Series.print_orientation: 0
print.printer_Lexmark_2600_Series.print_page_delay: 50
print.printer_Lexmark_2600_Series.print_paper_data: 1
print.printer_Lexmark_2600_Series.print_paper_height: 11.00
print.printer_Lexmark_2600_Series.print_paper_name:
print.printer_Lexmark_2600_Series.print_paper_size_type: 0
print.printer_Lexmark_2600_Series.print_paper_size_unit: 0
print.printer_Lexmark_2600_Series.print_paper_width: 8.50
print.printer_Lexmark_2600_Series.print_plex_name:
print.printer_Lexmark_2600_Series.print_resolution: 0
print.printer_Lexmark_2600_Series.print_resolution_name:
print.printer_Lexmark_2600_Series.print_reversed: false
print.printer_Lexmark_2600_Series.print_scaling: 1.50
print.printer_Lexmark_2600_Series.print_shrink_to_fit: false
print.printer_Lexmark_2600_Series.print_to_file: false
print.printer_Lexmark_2600_Series.print_unwriteable_margin_bottom: 0
print.printer_Lexmark_2600_Series.print_unwriteable_margin_left: 0
print.printer_Lexmark_2600_Series.print_unwriteable_margin_right: 0
print.printer_Lexmark_2600_Series.print_unwriteable_margin_top: 0
markfilipak

Post by markfilipak »

The forum will not let me delete this post, so I'm emasculating it.
Last edited by markfilipak on June 25th, 2022, 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
markfilipak

Post by markfilipak »

THE FIRST REAL PROGRESS...

TBird is working 100%. To achieve that, I had to make the installation as vanilla as possible:
TBird installed in Linux Mint.
My profile here: '/home/mark/.thunderbird/0ysydkep.default'

Now, I'm going to copy the profile here:
/home/mark/.thunderbird/0ysydkep.default
to here:
/media/sf_email/0ysydkep.default
and see if that now works. If it does work, then TBird 'fixed' the profile when the profile is where TBird expects it. If it doesn't work, then I'm willing to entertain the idea that there's something wrong with VirtualBox.
markfilipak

Post by markfilipak »

I hope this helps.

The reason TBird is restart-good when the profile is in ~/.thunderbird is because it creates 4 files:

~/.thunderbird/0ysydkep.default/extension-preferences.json
~/.thunderbird/0ysydkep.default/session.json
~/.thunderbird/0ysydkep.default/xulstore.json
~/.thunderbird/0ysydkep.default/datareporting/session-state.json

But when the profile is on a vdisk, TBird becomes restart-bad -- it doesn't find the 4 files and doesn't create them.

If I copy the restart-good profile to the vdisk (and adjust the launch command of course), then TBird launches and runs as though it was restart-good. But if I restart it again, it becomes restart-bad.

So, where the profile is located does make a difference.