Changing color of column headings

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Henderson

Changing color of column headings

Post by Henderson »

I've added the below code to userChrome.css to change the color of the columns in Thunderbird (v91.10.0 64 bit). But I can't figure out what the remaining white column headers are called to change those for Read/Unread, Starred, Junk Status, and the folder pane headers of Name, Total, Unified Folders, and the Select Columns options. The ones I can't figure out or find any reference to by Googling are outlined in red in the screen shot, and I've tried everything I can think of that they'd be named. Any help, or some magic webpage that lists all the proper terms would be appreciated. Thanks.

Code: Select all

#subjectCol{background-color:rgb(215,247,254) !important; -moz-appearance: none ! important;}

#dateCol{background-color:rgb(215,247,254) !important; -moz-appearance: none ! important;}

#senderCol{background-color:rgb(215,247,254) !important; -moz-appearance: none ! important;}

#correspondentCol{background-color:rgb(215,247,254) !important; -moz-appearance: none ! important;}

#recipientCol{background-color:rgb(215,247,254) !important; -moz-appearance: none ! important;}

#sizeCol{background-color:rgb(215,247,254) !important; -moz-appearance: none ! important;}

#attachmentCol{background-color:rgb(215,247,254) !important; -moz-appearance: none ! important;}  

#tagsCol{background-color:rgb(215,247,254) !important; -moz-appearance: none ! important;}
morat

Re: Changing color of column headings

Post by morat »

I would do something like:

#folderPaneCols > treecol,
#folderPaneCols > treecolpicker,
#threadCols > treecol,
#threadCols > treecolpicker {
  -moz-appearance: none ! important;
  background-color: orange !important;
}
#folderTree > treechildren::-moz-tree-row(modeHeader) {
  background-color: pink !important;
}
Reference (see *.xhtml files)
http://searchfox.org/comm-esr91/search? ... aneCols%22
http://searchfox.org/comm-esr91/search? ... eadCols%22
Henderson

Post by Henderson »

That actually works and colors everything. Thank you so much for that. Through help and a lot of Googling, I pieced together coloring each individual element that worked on everything except the "Unified Folders". For some reason once you add color to that row of headers, the row shrinks to about half, so I had to add a height line in what I came up with, and had to add that height line in yours too. Your code is MUCH shorter than what I used, so a more "elegant" solution. I suppose the way I did it would be good if you wanted a different color for each column.

Thank you again for the help. This is the final code I used with the height added in:

#folderPaneCols > treecol,
#folderPaneCols > treecolpicker,
#threadCols > treecol,
#threadCols > treecolpicker {
  -moz-appearance: none ! important;
  background-color: rgb(215,247,254) !important;
  height: 24px !important;
}
#folderTree > treechildren::-moz-tree-row(modeHeader) {
  background-color: rgb(215,247,254) !important;
}
And if it helps anyone else trying to do what I did, this is the code I used for separate elements:

#unreadButtonColHeader{background-color:rgb(215,247,254) !important; -moz-appearance: none ! important;} 

#tagsCol{background-color:rgb(215,247,254) !important; -moz-appearance: none ! important;} 

#flaggedCol{background-color:rgb(215,247,254) !important; -moz-appearance: none ! important;}  

#senderCol{background-color:rgb(215,247,254) !important; -moz-appearance: none ! important;}  

#attachmentCol{background-color:rgb(215,247,254) !important; -moz-appearance: none ! important;}  

#subjectCol{background-color:rgb(215,247,254) !important; -moz-appearance: none ! important;} 

#junkStatusCol{background-color:rgb(215,247,254) !important; -moz-appearance: none ! important;}

#dateCol{background-color:rgb(215,247,254) !important; -moz-appearance: none ! important;}

#correspondentCol{background-color:rgb(215,247,254) !important; -moz-appearance: none ! important;}

#recipientCol{background-color:rgb(215,247,254) !important; -moz-appearance: none ! important;}

#locationCol{background-color:rgb(215,247,254) !important; -moz-appearance: none ! important;} 

#treecol, treecolpicker{background-color:rgb(215,247,254) !important; -moz-appearance: none ! important;}  

#threadCol{background-color:rgb(215,247,254) !important; -moz-appearance: none ! important;}  

#sizeCol{background-color:rgb(215,247,254) !important; -moz-appearance: none ! important;}    

#accountCol{background-color:rgb(215,247,254) !important; -moz-appearance: none ! important;}  

#priorityCol{background-color:rgb(215,247,254) !important; -moz-appearance: none ! important;} 

#unreadCol{background-color:rgb(215,247,254) !important; -moz-appearance: none ! important;}

#totalCol{background-color:rgb(215,247,254) !important; -moz-appearance: none ! important;}  

#idCol{background-color:rgb(215,247,254) !important; -moz-appearance: none ! important;}

#receivedCol{background-color:rgb(215,247,254) !important; -moz-appearance: none ! important;} 

#folderNameCol{background-color:rgb(215,247,254) !important; -moz-appearance: none ! important;} 

#folderTotalCol{background-color:rgb(215,247,254) !important; -moz-appearance: none ! important;} 

/* change height of all column headings including Folder pane and Address Book */
#threadTree > treecols,
#folderTree > treecols,
#abResultsTree > treecols {
  -moz-appearance: none !important;
}
#abDirTreeHeader,
#folderPaneHeader {
}
/* change height of Folder Pane headers  */
#folderPaneHeader,
#additionalFolderPaneHeader,
#abDirTreeHeader {
  min-height:  24px !important;
} 
lenny2

Post by lenny2 »

If you need

/* Column header text style in the Thread Pane */
#threadTree .treecol-text {
	font-weight: bold !important;
	font-style: italic !important;
	color: #AE3E00 !important;
}
Henderson

Post by Henderson »

Thank you for adding what the font changes would be, that's very helpful information.